Friday, July 23, 2010

Do you know how sometimes...

504 Main

...you sit down to write a blog post, certain that each word will fall from your mind perfectly formed into a shining orb of literary perfection?

You don't?

Darn, I was hoping you could help me with that because this post is just not working out like that so far for me.

OK.

Let me try again.

You know how sometimes you know exactly what you want to say but somewhere between brain and fingertips on keyboard there is a heinous disconnect that leaves you stuttering and weak and unable to get anything more onto paper than "ummm.... I got nothing"?
You don't?

Darn again. Cuz that's what is happening to me here right now and I was hoping to find some solidarity among fellow bloggers.

Sigh...

So...

Let me try again....

You know how sometimes someone does something really nice for you like featuring your blog (you can click on that pretty pink tickled pink button below to see!) and you want to say thank you in an eloquent way so that when people visit your blog for the first time are all impressed and say, "Wow, I love that blog, I will have to follow along because, seriously, that girl really seems capable of avoid a heinous disconnect between brain and fingertips and writes words that effortlessly form themselves into a shining orb of literary perfection"?

504 Main

Yea. That's so not happening here...

I'm sorry.

I feel bad cheating you like this.

I feel bad that there is no way possible you will be tickled pink by this post.

Holly! I'm sorry! I'm sorry I let you down! I really, really wanted to do the shining orb thing and not the heinous disconnect thing.

Perhaps I can redeem this post by sharing something obscure and thought provoking.

Yea, yea. That's it.

Let me think.

OK, I've got it.

Knock Knock!

Who's there !

Holly !


Holly who ?

Hollylujah ! It's Holly's Tickled Pink post!

...

...

Ummm.... did you get it? HollyLUjah! Holly? Ummm...

OK...

So yea. I'm leaving now.

I need to rest up because I'm sure many of you will be asking me to be a featured blogger for you soon on the strength of this incredible post.

And I need to be prepared.

And do you know the origin of the phrase "tickled pink"? Google told me that this phrase means"To be delighted and refers to the fact that when some people are really excited they literally change colour, and their skin becomes quite pink because the blood vessels dilate and more blood flows close to the skin, and we appear redder".

Do you know that can actually happen, too, when you are embarrassed over a blog post? Yea. It's true. I can prove it!
Holly? Holly? I hope I didn't ummm... tickle you pink too much with this post.

And if you haven't ever visited Holly's blog at 504 Main before please go there and say hi. Just click here. I met Holly almost as soon as I started blogging and was all star-struck because she has a published book on weddings and knows a whole bunch of stars and she is just plain fun and cool. In a "shining orb" kinda way. And don't be afraid. She mostly tells you about normal people and fun things to do. This particular "heinous disconnect" featured blog is just an anomaly. Trust me.

Goodbye now.

Really...

Goodbye.

Even if you hang around longer I am not going to say anything else silly and look like even more of a dork.

Goodbye.

Sigh...

post signature

37 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

You are a hoot, I've been to Holly's blog but I haven't in a while, let me go and see that she's talking about...Happy Weekend :)

Ms. A said...

You are NEVER disconnected... liar, liar, pants on fire!

I haven't been about to form a complete thought in over three weeks. How's that for disconnected? You would explode if you held it for that long!!!

Ms. A said...

Crap, that was supposed to say... "I haven't been ABLE to form a complete thought..."

See what I mean? I can't even type a sentence without messing it up?

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I'm tickled pink over your post!

hugs
Sissie

Brenda said...

Oh Jenny its ok you look good in pink.

Terra said...

Holly is just fabulous and I have a feeling she will love your post today!

Sherri said...

You are such a hoot and i'm so tickled pink right now.

Have a great weekend!

Kat said...

I've been suffering from major disconnect lately too. Thank goodness for Alphabe Thursday and Saturday Centus, or I wouldn't have anything to post at all! This post cracked me up, I'm sure Holly will love it. Kat

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Congratulations, Jenny! I have commented much lately, but I do read all of your posts. You are too funny!! You really perk up my mornings (since mornings are NOT my forte). :) This is well deserved!

Jocelyn said...

You make me giggle!!!!! I am tickled pink tooooo seeing that pic!!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!!

Deb said...

I know it's not easy being green...but tickle pink...now that is fun...

Claudia said...

Oh yeah, I've been there. Often. Sometimes you just cannot make the words go together in any way!

Congratulations on being featured!

xo
Claudia

Wanda..... said...

Well, you tickled me Pink too, Jenny!

Unknown said...

Love you...Love Holly...

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

...and very pretty in pink ya are! Feelin' a little discombobulated today??? Heeehehehe! Your a hoot girl!

I'm off to rub elbows and hob-nob with the stars! Golly gee, I really do need to get off the Ponderosa more often.

Ya'll have a fantastic day and a wonderfully blessed weekend!!!

LemonyRenee' said...

Congrats, girl! Pink looks good on ya!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so cute Jenny.
I am going to visit Holly just because YOU said so.
Have a great weekend.

Pondside said...

When work and life have left me severely disconnected I'm glad to have something fast and fun to read (that would be you, dear) and then something like your Alphabe-Thursday to spur me on. There are days when I wouldn't get a post out otherwise. Life's too short not to laugh daily. Thanks for all the laughs, smiles, the 'aha's' and groans.....much appreciated!

Jeanie said...

"You sit down to write a blog post, certain that each word will fall from your mind perfectly formed into a shining orb of literary perfection?".....wow!, that sounds fun, but I don't think it has ever happened to me. The disconntect is more my forte. I'm off to visit Holly now for some inspiration.

Cheryl D. said...

Wow! I follow Holly's blog too! It's a small world!

Sami said...

But pink is such a faaaabulous color!! :) You never fail to bring me a morning giggle, or chuckle, or maybe a guffaw, although that one sounds like it might be sort of painful!...

Andrea said...

Always tickled pink by you Jenny! Have a great weekend!

Alisa Noble said...

Hahaha! That was great!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You are so cute 'Tickled Pink' just sayin!!

Susan Anderson said...

All I can say that Holly has excellent taste in blogs. And hollylujah for that.

;)

Holly Lefevre said...

I am so using your knock knock joke! Your post was perfectly Jenny and I LOVE it! It tickles me pink to know you!

Unknown said...

heh I'm pink all the time...but not long it usually goes from a light pink to a dark vermillion pretty quick....and it usally when I drink, or eat some spicy, or when I get mad....or stressed...so yah I'm pretty much pink all the time LOL

One Photo said...

Well this might not be classed as one of your literary masterpieces but you made me laugh and that is more than good enough!

Theresa said...

You are nuts, yep... nutty as a fruitcake... errrrr a pink fruitcake! I am going to visit Holly, I hope she doesn't ask me to be the star of her blog because I could never shine as well as you!

Hehe, have a fun day my friend! HUGS!

Lourie said...

I love Holly! And Jenny I love and adore you! You get me. Hahaha. Congrats on being tickled pink!!

The Words Crafter said...

You are so funny! You should write for a sitcom. Really. People always think I'm embarrassed or something when I laugh really hard, cuz I turn red. I keep telling them it's because I don't breathe when I laugh...now I can send them a link to this post and they'll have proof of my words, so thanks! Yeah, I actually know all about having the wonderful words getting disconnected along the way to the keyboard....when are they coming out with the auto-link from brain/imagination to computer? Happy Friday!

Chatty Crone said...

You just gave me a good laugh - good way to end the night.

sandie

BECKY said...

Jenny...you....so....silly!

Pat Tillett said...

there may be a disconnect, but not from your sense of humor!!!
it was good!

Cheryl said...

Congrats on being tickled pink. LOVE that photo. It's so you, dahlink.

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

I know exactly how you feel....I haven't written even the slightest thought on my blog lately....sometimes words just don't come as much as you would like. Very funny post for someone who had "got nothing", sometimes I just don't know how you do it Jenny!

Sue said...

Just playing a little catch up after a busy weekend and wanted to tell you the spam thing is crazy! I started my blog with a gmail account, so I have no idea how my local provider would have handled things...but considering that I can only receive incoming emails when I travel and can't send any...I would guess not well. I hope you get things straighted out quickly!

no response required:)