Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Centus - The number you have...

Jenny Matlock


Welcome to week seventy-four of Saturday Centus. I ended up having the flu most of the week so not only did I not get to link my dialogue story, I haven't even read yours! But I will be by soon!

This week I will resort to a more 'traditional' prompt.

WORD COUNT - 100 WORDS PLUS THE TEN WORDS OF THE PROMPT. Total word count not to exceed 110 words.
STYLE OF WRITING - ANY
USE A PICTURE THIS WEEK IF YOU LIKE
THE PROMPT THIS WEEK IS: "The number you have reached is no longer in service"


The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer.

Please display my link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday!

post signature

17 comments:

Sharon said...

This is becoming an obsession! I wake early and jump on here to see the prompt when it posts! I ponder a while and then I'm off! Thanks for hosting and challenging us to do our best! I hope you're feeling better! Hugs from PA!

Nonna said...

Yay ! Ab easy prompt !

I hope you are really on the mend and kick this illness soon..The flu tends to hang on and reoccur so rest easy and be careful not to think you are recovered before you really are !

I'm out early this morning but will post when I return !

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Jenny, I'm so sorry you've had the flu. What a horrible way to spend the week. Hope you are doing much better. Thank you for hosting Sat. Centus. You always challenge me. (Of course, it doesn't take much for me to be challenged!) laurie

Daydreamer said...

Thanks Jenny, enjoyed doing this one!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Sweetie, I'm so sorry! The stickin' flu on top of everything else? Booger~bite!!!

Take care and feel better!

God bless and have a bright and beautiful weekend! :o)

Ms. A said...

The flu, on top of everything else??? Good grief! I'm sure you feel like you've been drug through a knothole, backwards! Poor thing. Feel better! (How's J?)

Ames said...

I've lost my chair to the girls. This is what got me going on my story this time. ~Ames

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

Hope you are feeling better This reminds me I need to schedule a flu shot

Unknown said...

Jenny sorry to hear you have been sick. What a way to start the fall. Please take care - running a meme is dedication - we understand and care about your well being

Healthy hugs
Moonie

Judie said...

Good prompt, Jenny!! Now if I can just write something interesting...

21 Wits said...

Playing late today, just got back in town, and hooray you have given us something good and easy to work with! I love it! Hope your weekend is going great!!

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny,
I'm sorry to hear that you have the flu. Take all the time you need with your comments. Please know that we love you dearly, and want you to take good care of yourself.

Yesterday, I felt a sore throat coming on, so it's that time of year.

This post is not anything special other than a partial picture of life at home now. I just ordered furniture for the children - we are in dire need of beds! We haven't slept well since we moved in in August.
I just hope that I will have better luck that my protagonist, Catarina, as I am opening up the delivered boxes today.
Bless you Jenny!
Hugs from Sweden &
Anna

Link #22

Anonymous said...

Hope you are fighting fit now. Take care.

Susan Anderson said...

Sorry you've been sick, Jenny. Hope things are looking up today!!

=)

Ames said...

Sorry I must not have read where you were sick! I was looking for your story and just read about it. So Sorry you were sick girl. Feel better soon Luv ya!~Ames

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

late, but glad to be here,

Happy October,

Glad that you are expecting new grand child.

Tgoette said...

Jenny I hope you are feeling better! Remember, starve a cold, feed a fever and margarita a flu! Take care!