Monday, November 11, 2013

Because of you...

...I woke up today in a warm, safe bed in the United States of America.
 
I bow my head and honor
all the noble and the brave
who gave their life and their lives
in innumerable sacrifice made
when America asked for their courage
they packed their bags and went
Faces set in bravery, looking ahead
no thought of the cost they might spend
Some came back with battle scars
Some never came back at all
They unselfishly put their lives on the line
knowing they were giving their all.
A thank you is small recognition
For the cost these warriors paid
But thank you is all I can offer today
As we celebrate Veteran's Day.
 
Thank you.
post signature

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Gorgeous, my friend!

xoxoxox

Sheila

Ms. A said...

*Places hand over heart

Anita said...

I love the title you chose.

Thank you for recognizing and thanking our military on your blog!

Janie Junebug said...

That's beautiful, Jenny.

Love,
Janie

Theresa said...

So true! I am thankful for all of our Veterans! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Susan Anderson said...

Perfect tribute to our troops. Thanks, Jenny!

=)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Miss Jenny, just saw this post. This is a beautiful poem. You deeply moved and inspired me, my friend!

Splendid Little Stars said...

lovely and true!

Pat Tillett said...

Beautiful and so true. Also a great title. Nice post Jenny.