Friday, July 18, 2014

Hi day! It's Friday!

...and I almost forgot to post a post today.
 
BUT!
 
It's not my fault.
 
It's Mr. Jenny's fault.
 
Because.
 
Well.
 
If you don't mind my candor.
 
We're.
 
Ummm.
 
Fighting.
 
Grrrrr.
 
And it's hot.
 
And I might be a tiny bit cranky today...
 
Which might have made me forget the dratted reminder from the purple post-it note on my computer.
 
 
However.
 
All this...
 
It's Mr. Jenny's fault.
 
We were both going to go to pick up my parents from the airport but at the last minute I decided to stay home.
 
Alone.
 
And while Mr. Jenny was gone, I rushed around like a mad woman and cleaned the house...
 
and even swept and mopped the floors.
 
And even though I didn't get to the vacuuming part of the house cleaning, I was still sweating like a menopausal woman wearing wool and a turtleneck at a July afternoon wedding in Phoenix.



Hmmm.
 
How was that for a labored metaphor?
 
But you get my meaning?
 
Anyway.
 
Mr. Jenny  walked into the house and said, "What are you doing?   The floors are my job?"
 
And I said, "I wanted to surprise you!"
 
And he said, "Why did you do that?   The floors are my job and what's wrong with your hair?  It looks...umm...dark."
 
And I said, "It IS DARK!   It's dark because I'm all sweaty because I was trying to surprise you!"
 
And he said, "But the floors are my job."
 
And I said, "Well, d'oh!  I know the floors are your job!  I did it to surprise you!"
 
And he said, "But the floors are my job!"
 
And I said, "You're welcome?   How about saying you're welcome!   How about saying that was a good surprise!"
 
And then I huffed off.
 
To sulk in my office.
 
And that's when I realized today is Friday.
 
And I forgot to write a post.
 
So luckily this momentous thing happened to me today that I could share.
 
...
 
...
 
 
And even though Mr. Jenny wouldn't say it, I will!
 
You're welcome!
 
Sigh.
 
Have a good weekend.
 
post signature 

14 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

That was awfully nice of you and he should have thanked you but maybe he was just trying to let you rest. That being said,I wish my husband would think of doing the floor more often .

Gail said...

I think it was very sweet of you to try and surprise him but the floors are his job.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I'm sure he was just concerned about your health rather than really mad that you took his chore. ;-)

Janie Junebug said...

Thank you for taking care of the floors. Now will you please come to my house to clean my floors?

Love,
Janie

Annesphamily said...

I would love to have someone do my floors. My house is a mess and everyone who lives here is a grown up! Argh......the heat is enough to make a nice person crabby! Your post turned out wonderfully considering you had nothing before the Mr. walked in your door and complained the floors were his job! LOL! I am still chuckling, and men never have the right words they should use. LOL! Have a great weekend and relax!

Jenny said...

Thank you. xo Jenny

Rita said...

Sadly funny. Sometimes they just don't get it. ;)
Hope you're feeling okay and having a good weekend.

Gattina said...

See what happens when you are overdoing things ? I never cleaned before my parents arrived because even if I had done so my mother would have cleaned a clean house, just to say that now it is clean. See the point ?

Theresa said...

Did he get your Parents? I hope he didn't forget them:) My house needs a good cleaning, can you come here AND bring the FLOOR MAN too? I'll be waiting! Enjoy your weekend dear Jenny! HUGS!

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Happy weekend to you too Jenny, hope you make up with Mr. Jenny! Thanks for the email! Cathy

LindyLouMac said...

So funny and how lucky you are to have someone so keen to point out the floors are his job!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jenny you had me at
'I was still sweating like a menopausal woman wearing wool and a turtleneck at a July afternoon wedding in Phoenix.'
That seems to be how I am more then half the time this summer. Hugs and let him do the floors next time...Geesh...
hugs,
Linda

Melinda said...

Too funny! I'm sure that later
he realized that you were trying
to be nice.

It was good to see your comments
the other day. Come back soon.

M : )

Busy Bee Suz said...

You two are a perfect pair!!!! I sure wish someone would argue over doing the floors with me. :) HA HA.
Have a nice visit with your parents!!!