Friday, July 25, 2014

I thought of Ghandi today...

...not that I know him well.
 
Or, indeed...
 
...to be truthful.
 
Not that I know him at all.
 
But.
 
At the recommendation of several of my doctors, I have begun trying to regain my strength and endurance.
 
Today, I met with a trainer.
 
At a gym.
 
Gulp.
 
I was a wee bit afeared.
 
But I sucked it up.
 
And only said, "You want me to what?" three times.
 
It wasn't really bad.
 
It was just something very different.
 
I liked the trainer.
 
She made a lot of sense...
 
But as we wrapped up our one hour session I remembered the quote...
 
And I said to her...
 
"Do you know this quote?"
 
...
 
“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
 
She said, "Hmmm.   I don't think I know that quote.   Or maybe I've read it but I just don't remember."
 
She did, though, remember to give me a printout of all the things I'm supposed to do at home each and every day.
 
Hmmm.
 
Good old Mahatma Gandhi.
 
And even though my trainer was NOT impressed with his philosophy...
 
At the end of the day I'm certain strength training will not be the end of me.
 
It will be the beginning of me...
 
Stronger.
 
and with more endurance.
 
My goal for next week with the trainer is to only say, "You want me to what?" two times.
 
Because,
 
I.
 
Jenny Matlock.
 
Have an indomitable will to get better! 
 
Wishing you a weekend that is stronger with more endurance...
 
Or at least the will to resist such things!

 
(PS.   This is soooo not my arm.   Even though I embarked on a 10 day 'get rid of your bat wing' program 11 days ago, they are still with me.  Drats!)


post signature

16 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am hoping you feel great as your body gets stronger! Hugs!

Betty said...

Remember..."The longest journey begins with the first step." Tell your trainer..."Slow and easy wins the race." You'll get there!

Janie Junebug said...

Congratulations. I'm glad you have a trainer to assist you. It sounds as if you feel better.

Love,
Janie

Rita said...

Oh wow! You have embarked on quite a journey. I know you will put me to shame in no time. Well, actually, you already did just by walking into a gym--LOL! I wish you endurance...as I fly away on my bat wings.
Seriously--sometimes it is a wonderful thing to be stubborn and persistent. This will be so good for your body. So proud of you!! :):)

Theresa said...

Good for you Sweet Jenny! I am proud and need to do the same thing! Perhaps you will inspire me to quit JUST talking about it and actually do something:) Sending HUGS your way!

Jayne Martin said...

Good for you, Jenny! And yes! An indomitable will can kick anything's ass! You go girl!

Moore Minutes said...

Yay Jenny! Way to work. I love this. <3 Keep going strong. You have a strong mind for sure.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Dear Jenny (and our gorgeous bat wings!
I have always admired immensely the Gandi family,as we were travelling in India when Rajiv Gandi was assassinated. This is a great quote - may it give you strength!
Wren x

GranthamLynn said...

I know what you mean about working out. I have been trying to walk more with the dog and was doing real good but now it is so hot! Cheering you on! Thanks for stopping and seeing my Pinterest Inspriations. I love that chair too. I am searching for a blanket with a horse!
Hope you week and workout is great. See you Thursday.
Sherry

GranthamLynn said...

I know what you mean about working out. I have been trying to walk more with the dog and was doing real good but now it is so hot! Cheering you on! Thanks for stopping and seeing my Pinterest Inspriations. I love that chair too. I am searching for a blanket with a horse!
Hope you week and workout is great. See you Thursday.
Sherry

Melinda said...

You go girl!
Good luck.

M : )

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Hahaha, bat wings, I like that one...I call them my iggly jiggly things and oh so hard to get rid of...good luck with your program, determination always wins out! Cathy

Busy Bee Suz said...

I think your Dr. was correct. I know for me {and I just assume everyone is JUST like me} that no matter what is happening in my life, some physical activity makes me feel better; mentally and physically. I hope this works for you Jenny.
Bat wings. We need to come up with a better name, because these are not helping me to fly at all!
XO

Anonymous said...

So glad you are doing something to get back your strength.

Pat Tillett said...

I think that is a great quote and most certainly true. I'm really happy for you Jenny!

Unknown said...

I like your post and I am truly happy to post my comment on your website. Very informative and helpful post. You have good command on the topic and have explained in a very nice way. Thanks for sharing.

Cho thuê căn hộ estella
Cho thuê căn hộ imperia an phu
Cho thuê căn hộ cantavil premier
Căn hộ vista verde
Dự án Căn hộ vista verde