Saturday, April 18, 2009

Garage Sale Hurray!

So ... I got up this morning and told Steve I was going garage sale-ing for an hour and he said "What? Without me?" (actual truth and I about fell over - ha) so we both hobbled out to the car and headed out. Right by my house was an amazing garage sale where I bought these three items for $40.00! I love this double school desk and I think Jessie said she wanted to collect cake plates and I love covered pyrex for storing leftovers.
It was kind of unfortunate that Steve was along cuz there were tons more cool things I would have bought but he voiced his opinion on them.... acccckkk! He was wrong but what could I do?

So I passed up the primitive window frames, passed up the primitive metal boxes, passed up the rusted old parts to a hoosier.

But that's OK, cuz look at what I got! Woo hoo!

3 comments:

Willow Lake Stitches said...

oooohhhh cool finds. . . wish I could've come with ! No rummage sales here yet. . . too early, and everybody is still fighting floods !

I have been SO busy. . . I haven't even had a chance to google dulicimer and learn to tune it and play yet. . . it's ok, I can't wait to work on it, but I do like to have many projects ready and waiting for their "turn" with me ! I must have a fear of being bored ! Been really busy with student quilts and graduation quilts lately. If you were in a big hurry with yours, you had better tell me. . .

take care Jenny. . .
Beth

Tina❀ said...

Awesome finds!

Allie said...

OOOHHHHHHh can't you drive out with a uhaul in May? I love your finds -- I'll have to share mine with you ... and umm HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow --- I have the coolest gift for you, but it's sitting in my dining room!!!