Thursday, April 2, 2009

I have to be serious here

We watched the movie The Boy in the Striped Pajamas tonight.

Oh my.

Have you seen this? It was incredibly thoughtful and thought provoking and definitely a tear jerker.

It was one of those movies that made me almost ashamed to be part of the same human race. I'm not sure if that is a weird emotion but that's how I felt.

I won't give it away if you're going to watch it but to witness the horror of the Holocaust through the life of the eight year old son of a high ranking nazi official.

If you have not seen this try to. Buy kleenex. Prepare to think too much.

But there is a message there that we must all remember.

Be kind to everyone please. There is so much pain in the world.

(you're surprised aren't you? You thought I was going to be smart-ass but, really, I have a deep sensitive side as well ... sigh....)

2 comments:

Willow Lake Stitches said...

Hi Jenny. . .

I'd like to see this movie too. . .

on a lighter note. . . I ( well actually, the JUNK FEST girls came over and did the drawing ! ) drew for my St Patty's day GO GREEN giveaway. . . and guess who won ? Our own AMY ! Come on over and check it out !

Beth

Tina❀ said...

I'll keep my eye open for this movie. I may need two boxes of kleenex though.