Monday, June 8, 2009

15 quarts of applesauce now reside in my freezer

And they are delicious! Most of them are seasoned with lemon, a little sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg but some of them are seasoned with lime instead of the lemon. I really, really like the lime with the apple.

I'm gonna take a break from preserving but there is another giant apple tree in the alley that is going to be ready soon. Shhhh.... don't tell Steve. I think his arm is sore from using the food mill. Next time we will try the Victoria strainer.

That was fun!

And tasty.

Oh, and this sounds kind of icky but I put some gluten free granola on top of a small bowl of applesauce for lunch and it was delicious!

1 comment:

Tina❀ said...

Yummy! I wanna come to your house. I can't believe you have apples already. I know you miss the north, but there are definite benefits to living in that hot weather town of yours.