Friday, October 2, 2009

Pillsbury Not-Bake-Off - Part 1

So...

This was supposed to be my year. I was supposed to be writing a giddy blog a few weeks ago telling you that I was selected to be in the 2010 Pillsbury Bake-Off! I was supposed to be strongly motivated to loose 50 pounds so I would look really, really cute when I was on TV next spring. I was supposed to be talking to financial planners to decide how best to manage my million dollars!

After all, I had actually (this is embarrassingly true, sigh...) dreamt what my recipe would be. And it was perfect. And the judges were blown away. And in my dream I had even managed to master a parade wave for when I was on the stage accepting my check.

After the whole self-fulfilling dream prophecy I was certain I was going to win. But just as a precaution I did my research including googling all kinds of stuff and making an ex-cel spread sheet of past winners (another embarrassingly true thing, sigh...)

I even visited the Smuckers (owners of Pillsbury) museum thing-y in Ohio ... ... and kissed Mr. Doughboy, embraced him...
... AND let my beautiful daughter sit on his lap. OK, don't get freaked out. There was total adult supervision the ENTIRE time AND she is in her late 20's. (and no I am not one of those pimp-Moms! Hmmm..... maybe that's what I did wrong... just kiddin'! Kinda/Sorta. Did I mention the million dollars. OK, OK, moving on)

So, I was totally ready to develop my recipe which seemed almost like an afterthought.

And so it began.

To be continued....

9 comments:

Allie said...

WHAT, where is the rest of the story?????

Joan said...

Maybe you could enter this story in a write off..........Joan

Jenny said...

Love your sense of humor! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

Anonymous said...

Oh for Pete's Sake! Where's the recipe already??? Roxie

MaryB. said...

Yeah, what's the recipe? Is this going to be one of the cliff hanger stories of years gone by??? (LLB)

Anonymous said...

I cannot beeeeeleeeeve you are leaving us without telling the rest of the story.

Jana said...

underwear?? what are those? muah ha

Cathy said...

Sweet Jenny,

Remember one thing. YOU CAN DO THIS. One thing that always helps me is to put my wish in a special box I call my "Angel" box. I put each wish and dream on a different piece of paper and then Make my dreams happen. Now go write down your dream of winning and put it in that box. When you win, which you will, please email and let me know how awesome it was.

Remember though, you might not win this time, but you will WIN, when the time is just right.

So far much more than my wildest dreams have all come true. I will say a little prayer for your Recipe to be the Big Winner!

xo Cathy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh wow Jenny I want to know the end of the story!