Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Centus - I'd catch a grenade for ya...

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week forty-two of Saturday Centus.

I've had a minor obsession this week with a Bruno Mars song. I've tried to make Mr. Jenny dance with me to it (not successfully), I've sang it over and over to the point that my daughter told me if I sang it one more time she was going to scream (she didn't) and I know every single lyric by heart! If you don't know this song scroll wayyy down to the bottom of my blog, pick song 117, hit the play button and get your groove on for inspiration!

And after you've listened to the song a few times you'll be all ready to write a rockin' Saturday Centus around this word prompt:

I'd catch a grenade for ya...

So after you're finished chair dancin' you can continue writing UP TO 100 words (not including the six word prompt) in any style of writing you prefer...fiction, sci-fi, romantic, western...

Just keep it PG and try to visit as many of the other links as you can!

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

My playlist is always sitting down there on pause, so any time you want to try to make someone dance with you to this song feel free to hit play! Link anytime between now and next Saturday morning.

post signature

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Where did you find that song? Don't answer. That was rhetorical.

La Petite Gallery said...

Hat's off to you. Wish I could write. I was editor of the school paper. Have a great day.. yvonne

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm....that prompt is, let's say, so not my style of writing! I will have to mull this one over, listen to the song and see if I can get out of my comfort zone. You always have a way of keeping us on our toes!

Bookie said...

Jenny, last week I could not even play because I was so undone by the prompt. This week I thought I was done in again...but I think I conquered it after all! You are a challenge! Thanks though!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love Bruno! I am also obsessed with Amos Lee right now too...he's awesome!

Happy Saturday Jenny!!

xoxo

CB said...

All right Jenny - I am SO excited as this is my absolute favorite song right now and I have a mini concert in my car every time it comes on the radio, singing at the top of my lungs!!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That's an interesting obsession, Jenny. I'm most amused by the line about smiling and then "ripping the brakes out of my car." You sure do keep us on our toes..now how to work with catching a grenade?
xoRobyn

Jackie said...

Well this was kind of a shock but I'm also confused because Grenade by Bruno Mars is number 117 . Anyway , I just wanted to say 'Hi' and I hope you are having a groovin saturday .

Judie said...

Jenny, you have to get up pretty early on Saturday morning to get the best of me! Ha! This was a real challenge, and thank God I wasn't fully awake when I wrote it--otherwaise I would have been late to Critique Club, and I never would have made the party afterwards.
Whewwww! Good nite!!

Susan Anderson said...

So, you've been watching American Idol, huh?

;)

Kat said...

Jenny, you may just have blood on your hands after this one. If I have to hear that blasted song one more time, I'm not going to be responsible for my actions! ARGHHH!
But for you, and only for you, I came up with something. Now I'm going to put some Queen on the stereo and try to get that line out of my head. Nothing like a little "Fat Bottom Girls" to eradicate these lyrics LOL Kat

21 Wits said...

Hi Jenny! I've been in a daze since yesterday with this tune buzzing through my head and the ears of others...so I've finally been able to post! lol A day later than planned but it's in!

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Jenny,
I've listened to my grandkids sing Bruno Mars' songs in the car.
But, boy oh boy, this is a tough one to work into a story.
Donna
http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com