Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Centus - So...you want a job at Hallmark?

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week forty-one of Saturday Centus.

I've been nice for two weeks now giving you fun little easy, peasy guest prompts.

But since it's close to Valentines Day I want to do something extra special to show you how much I love you all.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think a lot of you probably have dreamt, albeit briefly, of being a Hallmark Superstar. It's OK to admit it. You're among friends here. How can you not want to attain the absolute pinnacle of writing success...cheesy sentiments for greeting cards!

With that in mind I scoured the web searching for the perfect romantic picture for you to create a mushy Hallmark-ish masterpiece around.

It was not an easy task but I finally came across the perfect image...and here it is:


I know. I know. It's touching, isn't it?

Take a few deep breaths to calm your emotions.

Ready to continue now?

OK. So for this weeks Saturday Centus your challenge is to use UP TO 50 words to write a Hallmark card around this image for VALENTINES DAY!

Isn't that a cool challenge?

You're welcome!

I knew the second I laid eyes on this romantic little picture you would all be overwhelmed.

So...to recap...

50 words or less based on the picture written in the style of a Valentines Day greeting card!

You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like. Please try mightily to visit all the other weeks.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Link anytime between now and next Saturday morning.

And Happy Valentines Day Centusians! I heart you all!

post signature

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahahahahah! Heeheeheeheehee! Oh my...I don't know about this one. I will consider it but I have the perfect excuse not to participate: my son has an out of town swim meet and i will have no internet access. You buying that? Good. (still giggling)

Kat said...

SPLAT! In case you didn't know, that was the sound of my head exploding. I was all set to continue my family secrets saga, and this is what I get for a prompt? Oh well, if Snookie can land on the NYT bestseller list, I can probably come up with something. Just sayin'.... Kat

Unknown said...

Hey! Mine's done! Where's Mr. Linky?

vivian said...

lol! toofunny, I have to remember to come back and see what people come up with!
happy saturday
vivian

Ames said...

This will be cute and I can't wait to read everyone's contributions. Where is McLinky??~Ames

Terra said...

I am ready too, though mine is pretty BORING...

http://www.sittingonanoak.com/2011/02/saturday-centus.html

Unknown said...

Thanks Terra...I'll come visit you...here is my link

http://5thsister.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturday-centus-be-my-valentine.html

Donnie said...

I'll be reading to see what others come up with. That is a cute photo.

Lynn said...

Mine is posted, just looking linky:@)

Donna Volkenannt said...

This was fun. I just posted my Valentine Superhero card on my blog.
Here's the link http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com
Donna V.

Deborah said...

This was tricky ... but fun!
Mine's posted I'll put my link on here until Jenny checks the site :o)

http://thecaterpillaruprising.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-hero-saturday-centus-41.html

jeff campbell said...

Making lemonade from lemons...or in my case could be the other way around...leave it to you to come up with the absurd...Well, I made something from something...waiting on Linky though...Here is the link to my love ditty...it ain't pretty ;-)

http://tennesseemudbug.blogspot.com/2011/02/superman-redux.html

Ames said...

Leo Looking for Love

http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturday-centus-41-leo-looking-for-love.html

The Words Crafter said...

I know you don't do them, but I wanted you to know that I have something for you on my blog today!

Judie said...

I might have known! Jenny, you have an evil streak, messin' with us like this!

noexcuses said...

I look forward to Saturdays with anxious anticipation! What the heck is she going to throw at us this week? I love this one! And, the picture is precious!

Susan Anderson said...

Lovin' this one!

=D

Nancy Jane said...

This was fun! Just really taking a good look at that picture was fun. Love the way you've been thinking outside of the box!

Nonna said...

Jenny "sitting in her mountain fortress" with Darth Vader at her side...
evil but challenging and fun !!!

Jo said...

you lil' evil thing you ... giving us a tough one ... although i am finding it one of the funniest!

21 Wits said...

Okay got mine ready and just in time because I needed one for my hubby! Thanks Jenny this was quite interesting to come up with!

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturday-centus-week-41.html

Tina said...

oh what a challenge this week. i love it.

here is my url miss matlock to add when mr linky is up or i can pop back? lol :-) xx

http://www.mummy-diaries.com/2011/02/saturday-centus-i-love-way.html

Unknown said...

What happened to the link-list???
Anna

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

The funnest prompt ever! Thanks Jenny. Happy Valentine's Day.
xoRobyn

myletterstoemily said...

a valentine with an underbite. he's making
me feel a little better.