Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Centus - There's a yellow rose in Texas...

Jenny Matlock

Welcome to week ONE HUNDRED and four of Saturday Centus.

I actually pre-posted a prompt for today about the Wichita lineman...do you remember that song?

Mr. Jenny and I are leaving mid-week for a little Texas road trip (thus the prompt for today) and I told him all about my brilliant idea for a prompt this week. He paused for a moment and then said, "You know that Wichita is in Kansas and not Texas, right?"

I blushed.

Of course I knew that.

Geez. As if I didn't know Glen Campbell was singing about Kansas. Geez.

Technically, there could be a Wichita, Texas, though...

Right?

But just in case there isn't...

...ummm... here's a new, improved Texas prompt...


The prompt this week is: "There's a yellow rose in Texas..."
Number of words: 100 PLUS the six words of the prompt for a maximum word count of 106
Style of writing: Any
Pictures: As many as you like


The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer. Please display my link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday. post signature

9 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

Just a little cheat. I wrote this a long time ago when there actually was a drought in Texas. The words you request are in the title, anyway. I think it fits the bill.

Susan Anderson said...

Hope you have fun on your trip, Jenny!

=)

21 Wits said...

Jenny, who cares where you're going right, just that you are! How happy that is! Enjoy your time away!

21 Wits said...

Jenny, who cares where you're going right, just that you are! How happy that is! Enjoy your time away!

Ms. A said...

Have a great time on your trip!

Unknown said...

too bad it's Wichita and not Wichita Falls, which IS in Texas LOL I could have hooked you up with some fancy Texas duds... have fun and stay safe darling!

anitamombanita said...

While you're having a rosy time in Wichita Texas...really?...I'm still chillin' out in Chile. Abrazos del sur...or, in other words, hugs from the south.

Anonymous said...

Love your conversation with Mr. Jenny regarding the lineman.

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny,
Hope you don't mind me letting the little rose from Texas take a trip to Europe. I've actually never been to Texas. My idea of Texas is made up of movie-images and what a school friend has told me. She moved to Lubock, Texas (the spelling maybe wrong here) and was dreadfully unhappy there. It was dry, dusty and she lost her baby girl there.

I skipped the whole issue of 'Wichita' and used 'Springfield' as my town in Texas. There must be a Springfield, Texas. There is a 'Springfield' in every state of the union. Prove me wrong if you can!

BTW, thanks for your sweet hugs and comments on my 'Oh why oh why'-poem. It was inspired by an ancester to me who lived around the end of the 19th-century and was left behind in Sweden when everyone, all her children, had emigrated to America. I think she died as late as the 1940's and was very, very old. I have promised myself to do some research about her life. But until then, I have fictionalised her!

Best wishes & hugs,
Anna