Tuesday, January 15, 2013

If you were to Google 'Heaven'...

...a lot of things would pop up.

Perceptions.

Pictures.

Stories.

Emotions.

Sunday night I think I might have experienced 'Heaven' for a few moments.

Mr. Jenny and I have had our oldest three Grandlittles for a few days.

It was busy times for all us all...

Celebrating my Mom's 80th Birthday...


...with a Sweet Adeline singing quartet...


...doing homework...

...movie night...

...ballroom dancing lessons and basketball practice.

Roller skating with the neighbor girl.

 
 
We were all tired out but happy on Sunday evening.

A little while before we went to bed I painted cherries on their belly buttons...


...I sat in the cozy chair reading books to the six year old.

The oldest Grandlittle played my electric guitar softly...her red hair shone like a beacon in soft lamp light.


I could hear the murmur of the middle Grandlittle talking to her Grandpa.

The rumble of his voice and the sweet soprano of hers made a lovely background melody.

I could hardly contain all the comfort and joy I felt in my heart in those moments.

"Heaven," I thought.  "Surely Heaven could not possibly be near as wonderful as this."

29 comments:

vivian said...

does sound pretty heavenly! what beautiful girls!
have a great week
xoxo

Rachael West said...

Ok it's been a while… I've been lurking but dang woman this post make my eyes all teary. Your words and your family are beautiful, thanks for sharing!

You make growing older sound beautiful to this almost 30 momma. Thank you.

XO.

Rachael West said...

PS: I added your button to my sidebar I hope that's ok… I know I'm embarrassing sometimes :o)

Amrit Sinha said...

A sweet heavenly joy :-)

Naperville Now said...

grandkids are the best. how blessed we are to have them in our lives.

Theresa said...

Sweet memories made on that one night and yes, Heaven will be so sweet... just like that:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Slamdunk said...

Sounds like the best time, Jenny. And, happy belated birthday to your mom.

Anonymous said...

That does sound absolutely divine. :-)

Pat said...

This is so wonderful to read - what blessings your Grandlittles are & you to them!

Gail said...

I can feel your heart in this...it's beautiful.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Awww, so sweet. And I can tell you that they think the same thing. That being with their Grandma and Grandpa is the most wonderful thing in the world.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I think you are so right Jenny! Heaven is being with those grandlittles for sure. hugs, Linda

Judie said...

Loved this, Jenny. We'll catch up soon.

xoxo

Brenda said...

Perfect Jennie! We had the girlies this past weekend. Same things going on here. Sitting with the youngest while hearing Grandpa reading to the oldest in the other room, then there was an exchange without us even orchestrating it. Love the one on one time.

Ms. A said...

Grandchildren are the closest thing to heaven, we'll ever find on earth.

Jo said...

isn't it amazing how absolute perfection comes from the everyday moments ... it's just being aware to those beautiful perfect moments ...

Unknown said...

This sounds just wonderful.

Lorrie said...

such sweetness - heaven on earth

Wanda..... said...

Your words paint a lovely scene, Jenny. My granddaughter Katie is visiting for 3 weeks...it's heaven here too!

Betty said...

That does sound like a relaxing time. What a cool grandma you are. There aren't too many grandmas painting cherries on belly buttons.

Melinda said...

Sounds like the best way to spend some time!

M :)

Amy said...

They say Heaven is where the heart is, and it is evident to see where your heart is. What a lovely weekend you had! It sounds simply .... heavenly!

Anonymous said...

oh it sounds simply wonderful!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Is there a LOVE button I can click??? I love this.
Jenny, you know a good thing when you have it....and that is a blessing.
Seriously, I giggled out loud seeing the cherry-belly button. YOU are so special.
XOXO

Susan Anderson said...

I think heaven is the same as that...just the same.

Family all around.

=)

Unknown said...

I do believe we have a little bit of heaven on earth at times, and one of the places I most sincerely find it, is with my loved ones. It makes my heart break as I cannot nearly realize what those in places like Sandy Hook are experiencing. My babies make my day!! How are they getting through theirs??

Hugs, Jenny, and blessings to you and yours.

Pratibha said...

Truly a heaven :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

aaahhhh...wonderful!
the best moments ever!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Heaven's got a lot of work to do, if it doesn't want to seem second-rate. Angels better get busy.