Friday, January 18, 2013

My Mom turned 80...


...and not just for Saturday Centus.

We're working on moving so I apologize in advance for this haphazard rhyme!  This is linked to week 142 of Saturday Centus.  The prompt is in bold.  To read much better uses of the prompt, just click here.


Ahem.

My Mother turned 80 today...

...so I planned...

A sweet little birthday surprise.

Four lovely Adeline's sang in sweet chorus...

My Mom looked at me in surprise.


She said, "Jenny, Oh Jenny!"

I said, "Mom!  You're upset!"

She said, "I really prefer

...a barbershop quartet!"

I slunk away sadly...

...and I felt very bad.

I had gotten her a chorus...

But of Chicks and not Lads!

(I told you this was bad!   And to be honest...she really liked the Sweet Adeline's!)
post signature

11 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jenny this is so funny! Happy 80th Birthday to your Mom! Hope the moving is going well. I shared my Paris sign on my blog today! I love it so much!
big hugs, Linda

Terra said...

Happy 80th birthday to your mom, and the Adelines group was a sweet gift to her. I think I bought the same 80th birthday card for my step mom, to give her later this year.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Oh so sweet!! The Adelines were a very nice touch.. personally, I would take either for my b-day ;) Love 'em! Happy Happy Birthday, Jenny's Mom ♥ Tammy

Ms. A said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Holly said...

You are such a dear! and so entertaining!!!
What a wonderful way to celebrate your mom :)
Happy Birthday Jenny's Mom!

H said...

I'm sure your mum had a wonderful time :)

You're moving again? Is this good?

Susan Anderson said...

hahaha

You just can't get it right, can you?

;)

Anonymous said...

You sure your mom's not Jewish? If my mother bought two sweaters as a present for me and I tried one on, she'd ask "you didn't like the other one?"

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, I love that. TOO funny!!!
Happy birthday to your mama!
XOXO

Jojo said...

That is so sweet!!!! Happy birthday dear mom.

Amy said...

Moving again? Hopefully to somewhere you love like your farmhouse. How wonderful to celebrate your mother's birthday with her. She is beautiful.