Thursday, March 26, 2009

I will not stop and smell the roses, I WILL NOT!

I will stay focused on some things I want to accomplish for the day AND look forward to meeting Sara F. and her beau Brian with Steve for coffee early this afternoon.

If I go anywhere near my roses I get sucked into their fragrance and color and want to get a big, gaudy hat and put on something gauzy and frilly (neither of which I own)

If I go near my rose garden I forget that I am going to stain a door today, haul some sand back to the gourd ramada and plan dinner.

If I go near my rose garden I suddenly loose 40 pounds, get radiant flowing hair and my wrinkles all disappear. Oh, heavens, wait! What am I thinking???????

I'll be in the rose garden for the rest of my life.

Write me there, please, should you need me for anything at all.


Terri and Bob said...

Please go out there for me and take a big whiff for a midwestern girl who won't see roses until late June. I know I am sure missing the roses.

Carol said...

We are expecting snow...again....would love to hang out with you in your beautiful garden. Especially if it can do all those magical things ;)

Allie said...

I remember growing roses in California. They just loved me there and were so beautiful back in Ohio and they HATE me and i think I HATE them too. I like daylilies in Ohio. Ah, anger subsiding lol your roses are beauitful Jenny hope you had a great coffee, got that door stained, sand hauled and dinner planned! Now who's exhausted?

Tina ~ Blessings Friends. said...

That's it, I need a rose garden!!!
BTW, I love your blog!

Terri said...

I have the exact same problem with procrastination in my own back yard!

"Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you." ~Richard Brinsley Sheridan

"How cunningly nature hides every wrinkle of her inconceivable antiquity under roses and violets and morning dew!" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." ~Emma Goldman

"Death has come for me many times but finds me always in my lovely garden and leaves me there, I think, as an excuse to return." ~Robert Brault

"God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done." ~Author Unknown

"It is a golden maxim to cultivate the garden for the nose, and the eyes will take care of themselves." ~Robert Louis Stevenson

"I know that if odour were visible, as colour is,
I'd see the summer garden in rainbow clouds."
~Robert Bridges

Have a great day!

Best regards,

The Quote Garden