Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Late night conversations and confessions...

So...

Last night I went to bed around 8. Yeah. I'm old. And tired out. Not only am I trying to get boxes unpacked, it is also spring break. And I forgot to buy Benadryl to slip into my Grandlittles milk.

Oh, calm down.

I am just kidding about the benadryl.

BUT...

Mr. Jenny came in to talk to me and said, "So...I read your blog post about the crocs."

And I pretended I had already fallen asleep.

He poked me.

And repeated himself. "Yeah, I read your blog post about the crocs. I think that's a mistake anyone would have made."

I tried to pretend I was still sleeping but, sadly, a giggle escaped.

I opened my eyes.

"Okay. Answer me this. Why did you say it would look cute if I put crocs up there then? Why didn't you say 'what in the world is wrong with you woman?' "

Mr. Jenny sighed. He said, "I learned a long time ago that your decorating stuff often sounds weird but then looks cool. You are good at decorating. I recognize I am not. I was just letting it go to see how it would look."

"How did you think we were going to wear those shoes in the yard then?"

He sat quietly for a second and then replied, "Well, I was a little fearful there might be a tall ladder involved in the decorating somehow, but I decided to just wait and see."

Gosh.

I love that man.

What a guy.

Seriously.

Any husband that would keep his mouth shut about a wife wanting to put rubber shoes up (and possibly a long ladder) as decoration is definitely a keeper. Don't you think?

But don't tell him I said that.

I like to keep him on his toes. Even with his still broken foot I know he is appreciative of living with 'never a dull moment'.

In fact I'm certain that's exactly what the stunned look on his face many days means.

Yup.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Here's some pictures, though. We're settling in.

Crocs in their rightful place.


Crocks in their rightful place up on the ledge thing-y.


Stars and aprons. Not sure how these two unlike things go together but it fit on this tall wall and kinda/sorta filled it in.


A high up ledge thing-y decorating with ONE crock and no crocs.


Mr. Jenny, aka Decorator Dude, settling into his almost finished office. See Oskar in the doorway of Mr. Jenny's office? See Oskars picture at the wall on the right? Is that too 'matchy-matchy' do you think?



Thanks for stopping by. I have to run to the store and get benadryl and some other stuff for day two of Spring break.

post signature

25 comments:

Yolanda Ronaldo said...

Jenny, I admit, I thought you actually meant you were going to put your Crocs up along the shelf thingy! And I was like "Why would she do that?" But I found the whole thing very funny!

Yolanda
chickensonthemoon.blogspot.com

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Oskar matches his photo perfectly!!

Glad to see you are settling into your new place and getting things just how you like them.

Have a great day Jenny!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love it when our husbands admit they read our blogs.

You woman, always crack me up. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Keetha Broyles said...

The more of this crock that is revealed, the funnier it gets.

FH would see a duality like and give me the wrong one on purpose to BE funny.

Mr Jenny's way is MUCH funnier!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love that Mr Jenny is so patient and understanding of your decorating style! Try to enjoy Spring Break...how is the work going? hugs, Linda

Susan Anderson said...

Things are looking good!

And I like Mr. Jenny's respect for your superior decorating powers...

;)

Tina´s PicStory said...

yes, it´s me on the boat :)

Theresa said...

Love the new place! Looks like you are getting settled in:) The stars and aprons together means you are a "cooking star"!

Enjoy your day dear Jenny, HUGS!

Pondside said...

Yes, that man definitely loves you - he's a prince and you're a decorating diva!

Anonymous said...

You have such a good Mr. Jenny. It looks like things are falling into their proper places.

Ms. A said...

Came by a few minutes ago and lost my dang server before I could comment!

Was telling hubby the crock/croc story, at dinner last night. It took him a few seconds to catch the difference. (along with more explanations) I think he was relieved he wasn't the only one who would have had a tough time with that one... even though he would have agreed to do what I asked! (he has to live with me, and being agreeable is the better, make that best option)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This was all so stinkin' funny I told Farm Boy 'bout it last night and he agreed that he could see how Mr. Jenny could make the Croc mistake. Men!!! Heeehehehe!

Gotta love 'em.

Whenever the Dr. would put our ADD and ADHD students on Benadryl they'd sleep for half the day. Mixed with their Meds it simply knocked 'em out.

We used to joke 'bout keepin' an extra bottle in the desk for 'those' days! :o)

God bless ya and go hug that sweet man of yours!!!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I was waiting for you to type that Mr. Jenny said "What a crock!"

I can understand his mistake, because I talk much more about my Crocs than my crocks.

I think he wants a hug. Go ahead, he deserves it.

Ames said...

Mr. Jenny is a good sport ya know! Benedryl ...a girls best friend! LOL! Glad you are having fun redecorating.~Ames

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Sometimes men need a little help understanding things . . . .LOL! Funny.

Jo said...

you married such a keeper ... does he have a brother ... one that wants to move up here to the great frozen north??? lol!

H said...

Good to see that you're getting unpacked and sorted. When you have it the way you want it, I hope it'll feel more like your home.

Gail said...

Looking good, I like the crocks and the crocs!

Yes, I would say that husband is a keeper.

I believe they use to use Paregoric
many years ago to make, uh, help children rest. It has opium in it!!! They finally outlawed it.

BECKY said...

Very cute and funny! Yep, he's a keeper!!

Carol said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the big stars! Oh and I have been meaning to ask...where did the elephant end up?

Leah Cooper-Prockno said...

This made my face hurt from smiling so much while I was reading it. Mr. Jenny sounds like a good catch !

vivian said...

You are such a hoot.. and Yes, I think mr. jenny is a keeper. have a great day!
xoxo
vivian

Betty said...

I'm not too big on dusting and I hope you're not either. Otherwise, those ledges might present a problem. That's a once or twice a year kind of job. I like your new home! It's coming together very well.

anitamombanita said...

glad to hear you're settling in and cool that he recognizes and appreciates your decorating prowess. I'd say he's a pretty cool dude!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yes, Mr. Jenny is a KEEPER!!!
Your house is looking wonderful Jenny...glad you are getting settled in. Must be nice having a working kitchen again.
I am going to over look that collection of crocs. *shiver*
xoxo