Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Centus - Saying Goodbye...

Jenny Matlock



Welcome to week ninety-six of Saturday Centus.

I've been taking it easy on you because I'm swamped with job training and moving...but watch out next week!


The prompt this week is: Saying goodbye was harder than she thought...


Number of words: 100 PLUS the seven words of the prompt for a maximum of 107 words.
Style of writing: Any
Pictures: As many extra pictures as you like



The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer.

Please display my link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday!

post signature

5 comments:

Bookie said...

You might think the prompt is too easy, but I love it. Will admit it could go many ways, but hoped the one I chose is zinger enough to make it different from "too easy".

You have a good busy weekend and don't overdo!

21 Wits said...

Saying goodbye is such sweet...I just knew there'd be packing or moving of sorts today! ...and I'm already fearing next week. Hm is there a trip planned that I must miss next week? Ha ha....could be! Or not! Good luck Jenny with all the actual baggage packed and the well you know stuff inside of you....change is a GOOD thing....and hey maybe there will be neighbors that bring over cookies!!!!

noexcuses said...

Sending happy thoughts during your move. Hope it all falls together nicely and you can get some normal back in your life.

Susan Anderson said...

Saying goodbye is always hard for me when I move. Always. In fact, I have a poem about it.

The Legacy
©1994 by Susan Noyes Anderson

Old house, you held a family in your womb.
You stood upon the soil with warmth and grace,
a sanctuary and a birthing place,
nurturing life and love in every room.
You watched the hearty agapantha bloom
with every child, secure in your embrace,
providing boundaries bathed in high-beamed space;
your orange-blossomed peace a sweet heirloom.
No last goodbyes will echo through our sleep;
you‘ll be no long-forgotten, empty shell.
We mined our roots, but found the veins too deep;
in leaving you, we left ourselves as well.
Each broken, earth-bound fiber yours to keep.
Each golden, lonely secret yours to tell.

Unknown said...

Sue's post, Inoculation, inspired me to write one for this week.

Thinking of you and praying for you daily. I, for one, do know how hard change can be. You are strong, though...always remember that!