Monday, March 12, 2012

Mr. Jenny is not quite ready for Design Star...

I think you might know we moved.

Heaven knows I've been whining about it. A lot.

Sorry.

Today I'm not going to whine, though.

I'm not going to sniffle and moan because my washing machine won't put fabric softener into the rinse cycle automatically. (btw, every Walmart seems to be sold out of the Downy balls in our geographical area for some reason...)

Seriously.

I feel all shallow I complained about that at all.

So...to make it up to you I'll tell you a funny story about Mr. Jenny.

He'll be happy that I shared this story with you. I'm certain of it.

The house that we moved into has these high ledge things that I think you're supposed to decorate.

We decorated one last weekend and this weekend I decided we should decorate another one.

So I said to Mr. Jenny, "Do you think it would look good if I lined up all my crocks on the ledge thing above the couch in the family room?"

He gave me an odd look and replied, "Ummm...yeah, that would look pretty cute I guess."

I quizzed him more on the matter.

"Well, I don't want it to look too country and I don't want it to look too precious so I was thinking if I lined them up and spaced them evenly they would look a bit more sculptural. What do you think?"

He gave me another odd look and said, "Yeah, ummm... I think that would look ... ummm... really cute."

Today when our son and his wife came over with the Grandlittles to help finish unloading the Pod, I asked my son to help me with my decorating plan. He's really, really tall and the ledge things are pretty high up.

"Can you help me line up the crocks evenly on that ledge thing?"

He agreed and I asked Mr. Jenny to help carry all the crocks out to the family room.

Mr. Jenny went out to the garage instead of the dining area where I had lined them all up against the wall.

How irritating.

Obviously, he didn't want to help with the whole decorating idea.

My son came up with the brilliant idea to put Little Miss Mo high up on the ledge to help. I freaked out. Mo freaked out. My son took Miss Mo down and went out to get a ladder.


I carried crocks out the living room.

Finally, finally Mr. Jenny came back in from the garage.

"I'm sorry it took me so long but I had to look for all of them?"

"All of what?" I asked, "The crocks were all in the dining area. You helped me put them there, remember?"

Mr. Jenny looked sheepish.

And then he held out a cardboard box to me...

Filled with crocs.


All of our crocs...his...mine...the Grandlittles.

"Crocs? You thought I was going to line crocs up on the ledge up there? Really?"

"Well," he replied, "I thought it was going to be kind of weird but..."

He shrugged.

And walked away.

My son threw a few crocs up with the crocks and we all had a big laugh over Mr. Jenny's misunderstanding.


Crocks? Crocs?

I wonder how he thought we were going to wear our shoes if we put them on the ledge thing?

See?

No whining!

But I'm still laughing over this!

Thanks for stopping by.


post signature

45 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Bahahaha! That is too funny! Maybe a Croc garland to hang over your fireplace?

Gail said...

Good man! Never question the decorating ideas of your wife. Obviouly his main goal is to make you happy.

Unknown said...

Mr. Matlocks knows how to find humor in home decorating!

Cheryl said...

::looking sheepish here too::

I thought you meant crock pots and that was a visual that you really don't want to spend too much time on.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

That is the funniest thing I've read in quite a while!

Mr. Jenny was going along with your harebrained scheme - if that isn't love and devotion, what is?

Keetha Broyles said...

Hehehehehehe

That was a VERY laugh worthy story.

Theresa said...

What a hoot! You all are having fun out there:) Sounds like everyone got a laugh out of that one! Enjoy your day my friend, can't wait to see your new place! HUGS!

Viki said...

Poor Mr. Jenny but LOL. Too funny.

Sharon said...

That is funny! I wondered at the looks he gave you when you explained your plan. Maybe he needs a rest from all the moving excitement. God Bless you and your new home!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Poor Mr Jenny...he has lived with you too long if he even thought you meant crocs! At least you are smiling! hugs, Linda

GardenOfDaisies said...

LOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Jeanie said...

Yes, I can spell but the Crocs are what I thought of first. I have to give Mr. Jenny credit for just rolling with the flow.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Jenny thank you for the belly laughs this morning. My hubby got a kick out of it too!

Wanda..... said...

You really need to keep Mr. Jenny! He aims to please.

21 Wits said...

What a keeper Mr. Jenny is! That's just the most adorable story ever of a man who just would never get in the way of a woman's dreams and ideas! Mr. Jenny rocks.....!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Heeheheheh, he sounds allot like my very own Farm Boy who finds life easier simply to say, "yes dear"!!!

This was great...I'm still laughin' over this one.

God bless ya sweetie and have fun makin' this new house your home!!! :o)

Melinda said...

Oh, Mr. Jenny! Way too funny!
The crocks look good up there.

Melinda

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

tee hee. He must have been so befuddled! Best not to disagree with the woman, though. If she wants crocs nailed to the wall, just do it!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Ahhhh....men, they are just so darn clueless, it's cute!

Susan Anderson said...

Hey, at least he's obliging!

;)

PS. This story is a crock.
heehee

Ms. A said...

That is hysterical! I doubt my hubby would have known what either one was, be it crock, or croc... but he probably would have agreed to it, too! (only because he could care less about house stuff)

Maureen Wyatt said...

What a sweetheart he is to agree to a shelf of shoes! I had a good laugh over this one. ~ Maureen

Dazee Dreamer said...

oh Mr. Jenny. You poor, poor man.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Very sweet of him, and hilarious at the same time.

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh!!! Venus meet Mars! Too darn funny. Loved this story. I wondered why he would say it would look cute???Cute? It looks perfect, a great collection.

Jo said...

oh that was way to cute! poor mr. jenny, running around, looking for all of those crocs with a broken foot!

Pat said...

That story should go on HGTV for a new trend in decorating...Mr. Jenny was certainly trying to help!

Thank you for starting off our Monday with such laughter!!

VBR said...

I saw a really cute idea for using the extra croc (as in, the dog ate one, or the kids lost one). The person used it as a little planter for trailing plants and hung it on the wall.

lissa said...

fun story! thanks for sharing.

Pondside said...

That man LOVES you! Any man that hears 'crocs' and still says that such a weird design idea is cute could only be doing so through true love.
Of course, there is the little problem of his hearing 'crocs' when you meant 'crocks' and his not checking out that very weird idea - definitely not cute at all, whereas the crocks are fabulous up there.

Amy said...

[giggles}
Perhaps Mr. Jenny is stressed? ;)

Naperville Now said...

I love the fact that he didn't question your intent. Good man.

Ames said...

LOL Senior moment! My your son is tall! So glad you are laughing today my friend. Laughter is music that soothes the soul. And you will probably be inundated with those Downey Balls now but just in case email me your new address and I will find one for you. Hugs ♥~Ames

Vicki/Jake said...

Oh man, did I ever need a good laugh! Tell Mr J I said thanks:)

Aunt lodi said...

What a guy! Got to love him. Too funny!

Splendid Little Stars said...

This is totally hilarious!
Mr. Jenny's love and kindness shows through this in that he was willing to go along with such a weird decorating scheme.
Hope you are enjoying your new home--crocks, crocs, and all!

H said...

Nice one! You have a very tolerant husband there Jenny :)

pasqueflower said...

LOL!

luci wallis said...

That is too funny! I just had my husband doing that in the kitchen. Enjoyed your blog.
Bristol

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Too funny Jenny. I am still laughing. Hey girl I can relate. I do dingy things like that alot. My hubby alwasys says "it's so cute" when he's making fun of me and my friends. One day after they left he asked, "Do you know how many times the word cute was used?" Gotta love those men!
Hugs,
Jann

Terra said...

I was so totally picturing the shoes in my mind...I laughed when I saw the actual crock!

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you Jenny, I needed a laugh today. I think the crocs look quite cute next to the crocks. ;) - Judee

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is the FUNNIEST thing EVER!!! (right up there with the scary statue guy)
I kinda thought he was going to retrieve your crock pots! ;)

Betty said...

Anyone with a husband probably understands. :)

anitamombanita said...

ah ha ha ha ha.... ;)