Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Centus - Week 16

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week sixteen of Saturday Centus.

In case you've forgotten...

This is a themed writing meme.

Each Saturday you will be giving a new "prompt" for the week and you have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Try to visit each one because they are tremendous and since they are so short they are definitely a quick read!

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Since it is back to school time, we are going to do something little different this week.

WEEK 16 ASSIGNMENT

Do you remember how during the first week back at school the teacher would make you write an essay about what you did over your summer vacation? Well, school has been in session almost two weeks here so I thought we'd try this for something different.

Your story must be written in first person AND must be exactly 100 words long. It can be fact or fiction.

So...

Exactly 100 words, first person, fact or fiction...What I did over my Summer Vacation. AND What I did over my Summer Vacation is the title of your essay not to be included in the 100 words!


This link will be live until next Saturday morning around 7 am. And please, remember to link to your SC URL...not your main blog. If you are unsure how to do this please leave me a message in the comments or e-mail me and I'll help you through it! Have fun!

post signature

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Vacation? Did anyone take one?

Not complaining, just wondering...

Unknown said...

LOL...call me feeble minded but exactly which part of the BOLDED words above is the true prompt? A little help, please! :o)

Terra said...

I am so so so sorry but I am with the 5th sister...is the prompt just the instructions? is the prompt "What I did over the summer" or does is the prompt Exactly "100 words, first person, fact or fiction...What I did over my Summer Vacation."

I hate to be a bother, a pest, the student who doesn't get it...but I don't so Teacher - Please advise.

Kat said...

Vacation? What's a vacation? Good thing this can be fiction, because otherwise I would be getting an F for sure. I'm reading this as having no prompt, just a 100 word essay.

Bookie said...

Thanks for great and timely prompt, Jenny. Love your diversity and yes, I too had HOT and nothing summer. But I will reach back and remember the past—when nothing was more fun!

Susan Anderson said...

Not my favorite prompt ever, so I'm going to have to get creative.

=)

Kaelin said...

New follower here - love your blog! Enjoyed the writing exercise!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

LOL, can it be a tragedy?

Deborah said...

My first visit to Saturday Centus and really enjoyed it :o)