Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday Centus -

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week sixty-two of Saturday Centus.

Just so you know...I think I'm being waaaayyyy too nice. I need to do a shake-up because I know you all love that.

Right?

Hey, how come nobody answered that question?

Geez.

But...

The good news is, I'm not going to do it this week.

Maybe next week. Or possibly the week after.

But this week...you are safe...

And it's gonna be a 'normal' prompt with the usual 100 words.

The prompt this week is:

"..and the sign read..."

You can use up to 100 words PLUS the four word prompt in any style of story you choose. The only restriction is that your post must be PG!

Please try to visit as many of the other links as possible. If you get a chance, perhaps you can visit the last five or so from last weeks challenge as well.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday!

post signature

13 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

And the sign said, "Long haired, freaky people need not apply", so I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why.

He said, "You look like a fine, upstanding young man. I think you'll do."

So, I took off my hat and said, "Imagine that! Hunh! Me working for you!"

Whoa oh oh, sign sign, everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery, breakin' my mind. Do this,don't do that! Can't you read the sign?

And the sign said, "Anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight", so I jumped on the fence...

What? What do you mean I didn't write that? Who the heck are The Five Man Electrical Band? And what do you mean I didn't get the prompt right? Geez, you're weighed down by the technicalities of this hole thing. I was afraid of that. That's why I left this in the comment section. :)

Sharon said...

Trying to behave this week! ;) Last night I thought about what I had on my list for today. Then I realized that Saturday meant its time for another Saturday Centus! Exciting! This is becoming addicting!

Deborah said...

It's been a while, but glad to be back :o)

BECKY said...

Oh PJ, at Seens from the backs of my eyelids....THAT is exactly what came to my mind the minute I read the prompt!! LOL.. I don't know if I can think of anything to write after having that play in my head!!

Susan Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Anderson said...

Thanks for giving us a break this week...

;)

PS. And thanks to PJ for cracking me up this morning!

noexcuses said...

I'm back! It feels good! Thanks for always encouraging us!

Judie said...

Don't think for one minute that we don't know what you're up to!!!

Tell PJ to post her comment!!!! It is a riot!

Unknown said...

This was a fun whimsical one:-)

Dazee Dreamer said...

A very good prompt this week. Thanks

Tonia Lee Smith said...

It's been along time. Reading your post... I was hoping that you would have been shaking things up a bit. Maybe next time?

21 Wits said...

I just knew I wouldn't be the only person with the tune from "Signs" going through my head! Way cool I guess really! I'm just back from camping and getting my post in a wee bit after Saturday, but hey we have all week, and I will go grab an icy juice treat and return by checking those last five from last week...I did do all of them up to my post....but that post was waaaayyyy (as you say it) a new word I think now waaaayyyy....late! Hope your weekend was as good as your week coming up!

Nonna said...

Whoa, the first comment is wretched and strange!

I had a happy time with this prompt and enjoyed it very much...thank you Jenny !!!