Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Centus - I'm not a chicken...

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week forty-seven of Saturday Centus.

How are you today? Feeling complacent? Feeling like I'm going to throw another easy prompt your way?

Well...

Technically...

I could...

BUT then you would get all bored and say, "Wow, that SC thing is getting really boring because she never challenges us!"

So...

Since I would never, ever want our friendship to part ways out of boredom, let's try something different this week.

How about poetry.

The rhyming kind.

Like Dr. Seuss...on the loose...with a moose...in a caboose.

Hey. I saw that eyeroll.

C'mon. It'll be fun.

I will give you an easy prompt for inspiration, OK?

The prompt this week is...

I'm not a chicken...

What do you mean that's a hard prompt? That is a totally easy prompt. I could have used the word 'orange' which has no words that rhyme with it whatsoever. I gave you the word chicken which of course rhymes with ... ummm... ummm... OK, I know a lot of rhyming words...I just can't tell you because that would be cheating.

You can use this prompt and UP TO 100 additional words to write a poem in rhyme. Just keep your poetry PG and try to visit as many of the other links as you can!

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday!

post signature

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, Jenny...your Mr. Linky contains last week's submissions. Just thought I'd let you know. Didn't think there'd be 34 submissions at "ODark:30". I may just have to try this week's if I have any time available (working all weekend and the hospital is crazy busy). Have a great weekend.

Wanda Metcalf said...

I noticed this too. However I have no idea if I am doing this post right! That is what came to mind... If I'm wrong forgive and excuse me for interrupting with my silliness.

Unknown said...

Looks like great fun!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Here's mine:
http://ratiooffailures.blogspot.com/2011/03/saturday-centus-032611-time-is-of.html

Terra said...

Wake up Miss Jenny
Mr Linky has failed you
all the women and menny
of the centurian crew

are waiting to link
rhyming words abound
even if they stink
they can't be found

till you fix the goof
with your magic poof!!

Anyway...here's mine

http://www.sittingonanoak.com/2011/03/glad-im-not-chicken.html

Maria said...

Seems to be the old meme's Linky, if I'm not mistaken!

Martha said...

No way now how, no poetry for me - but I am your newest follower :-)

Nonna said...

Oh, NO...Poetry....really ???
I'm in deep doo-doo now !!!

Susan Anderson said...

I guess Mr. Linky's is fixed because I didn't have any trouble linking. Now...off to read the rhymes!

=)

21 Wits said...

Okay excuse me while I lick my fingers....seems that the whole entire blog world today is in silly mode! So silly you shall get with this chicken delight! Easy you said??????? Have a great finger lickin' fried-chicken weekend too Jenny! ;)

Lynn said...

Loved this one, thanks for the fun! Happy Weekend:@)

Judie said...

I had to dash mine off quickly this morning so I could go down to the TMA spring arts festival. You should drive down next year for it--we could have a great time!!

Kat said...

This was hard, I've never written poetry in my adult life. But it turned out to be fun! Guess I'm a poet and didn't know it - groan...
Kat