Monday, September 12, 2011

Awfully Sweet and Silly Faces, Art and Arrows

It's Monday.

I'm not sure where the weekend went and if, indeed, there was really a weekend at all.

We had a Grandparents Day celebration with our middle Grandlittle on Friday, Grandlittles on Friday night, a big garage sale on Saturday, soccer and basketball games and an Anniversary celebration.

I need another weekend.

Today.

But instead, I just got a Monday...

...sigh...

I'm going to share a few pictures of my non-weekend weekend with you, though, just so I feel like I'm actually doing a 'real' post!

From Grandparents day...

Sweet faces...our middle Grandlittle is in the bright blue dress...



Silly faces...




This Grandlittle is also super artistic...


And then when she was at the house she came up with the idea of making a little barn for a tiny penguin to live in...and made it all by herself...





While the penguin housing project was going on, the oldest grandlittle helped me make signs for our neighbor's garage sale on Saturday.

The youngest, Mo, wanted to help, too.

I told her to practice writing the word 'sale' and then she could write on some of the arrows. The top one is her work of art...



...when her Grandpa told her he couldn't read the letters she said, "Does that really matter Grandpa? Look how pretty it is!"

I think I'm inclined to agree with her.

And now...

I'm off.

I'm going to pretend all day that it's not Monday...

...which is only fair because I have absolutely no idea where the weekend actually went.

post signature

29 comments:

Jojo said...

A Monday full of fun memories with those precious grands. May the week pass quickly so that you can go have some more weekend adventures! Happy week.

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Looks like the weekend went the way of pure bliss! Adorable photos Jenny!

Unknown said...

I love the fun pictures. What a weekend!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Wow, that's an awesome 3-D sculpture of a penguin house! As always, you have the cutest little grandgirlies!

Wanda..... said...

You have a budding artist as well as a little actress or model in the family, Jenny! They are CUTE and SWEET!

Donnie said...

Looks like a fun weekend and they are so cute and talented. Loved the penguin house and sale sign. I know that will bring a lot of people into it.

Carol said...

Love reading your post about the reds & Mo!! I feel the same way..where did those 2 1/2 days go...because I could use 2 more to re-coop!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a busy and fun weekend....just not long enough. Pretend today is a holiday!!

Susan Anderson said...

So much fun to look at these photos. They are priceless, and your granddaughters are adorable girls.

=)

Jo said...

You are blessed to have all of those littles .... and to get to spend so much time with them! ... Life has a way of moving forward too quickly at times ...

Ms. A said...

Awwwwww! I have artwork ALL OVER MY HOUSE. I keep each one and my fridge got lost, years ago. Aren't they something!

Lourie said...

I need another weekend too. haha Your grands are sooo sweet and adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny....sooooooooo cute :D
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Ames said...

I didn't even get to see any of my grands on Grandparents Day. Hurump!!~Ames

Judie said...

Those grandlittles take after you, Jenny--great personalities and wonderfully creative. What fun!!

Amy said...

Oh good gracious how adorable! I love the penguin barn. And really? Does it really matter? Fashion is everything! :)

Marlene said...

They are so adorable....and I LOVE the funny faces pic! LOL!

They're also very talented. Keep encouraging that creativity! Love to see them start young.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Appreciate it!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love the penguin house. And I love how creative kids are. very cute grandkids.

Pondside said...

As I read this, Monday is nearly over - where did the day go?
Seeing your little red heads makes me miss my one little red head and one little blondie SOOOOO much!

Melinda said...

I think you were to busy having fun to realize that it truly was the weekend!

Looks like fun.

Melinda

Brenda said...

Same here, not sure where the weekend went. Had 1/2 of our grands this weekend for a visit. Made Hobo pies over a campfire, rootbeer floats, played Uno, played computer games, had two artist's drawing on their new pads of paper, watched movies and I could not even crochet last night after they went home I was so tired. Now it is 12:30 P.M and I am finishing canning some tomato sauce that I should have worked on this weekend. It was Monday all day long. Your little grands are adorable!

Gattina said...

How sweet ! I have to wait a little to be celebrated, my grandson is just 9 month old, lol !

jabblog said...

I love the penguin house - and the SALE sign IS very pretty:-)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I'm so glad you live close enough to be able to attend these 'events.'

Julia is artistic! That she did the barn project herself is fantastic.

And Mo' has innate ability to convey attitude to the camera like some of the super models do. She cracks me up!

None of Riley. Shame on you! :)

Theresa said...

Precious faces! I love those silly ones:) Creative little mind to make that tiny penguin house... future home designer!

Have a blessed day dear Jenny, HUGS!

Willoughby said...

You really did have a busy weekend!

The penguin house is adorable! She is quite a creative girl! I love the sale arrow, too (and I agree that it's so pretty you don't have to be able to read it)!

I wasn't nearly as busy and I still think the weekend went by far too quickly. I'm starting a petition for two day work weeks and five day weekends. Wanna sign it??

Unknown said...

pretty really does matter! forget the words.....they are dolls, you are so lucky.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You have the sweetest grand daughters, Jenny! I know you enjoy every second you share with them.

The weeks fly by too fast -- I can not believe that autumn is almost here!

Caroline said...

I love their hair color. So pretty!!!!