Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Centus - Shake Up - MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jenny Matlock


Welcome to week seventy-two of Saturday Centus. For this week let's see how you are at writing lyrics...


WRITTEN TO THE MELODY OF: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
WORD COUNT - Up to 32 words INCLUDING THE THREE WORDS OF THE PROMPT
STYLE OF WRITING - Lyrics, rhyming
USE A PICTURE IF YOU LIKE
THE PROMPT THIS WEEK IS: "In the Autumn"


If you've done this 'challenge' correctly, you should be able to sing your 'lyrics' along with the Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star melody!

The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer.

Please display my link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday!



PS. I'm wicked behind on reading SC's. I will try and get all caught up this weekend! I haven't forgotten you, my pretties!

PPS. Please don't hate me because I'm evil...mwahahahahahahahahahaha! I was told that Centusians could handle any prompt...so there!
post signature

12 comments:

Lynn said...

I like this one, at first I left the first and last two lines the same as in the song. But I noticed folks making them different so I changed it... at that point I could have used an extra word or two:@)

Nonna said...

No problem for me Jenny...this was easy and fun !!!

Unknown said...

Sorry Jenny...had to use 7 syllables per line in order to match the music and rhythm with my word choices. Fun prompt!

Jo said...

OH MMM GEEE
totally stumped ... how the heck did so many people get theirs done so fast???

Susan Anderson said...

Oh, what a treat.

or not

;)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

This was my first Saturday Centus- I loved it! It was a bit of a challenge but that's good-keeps you thinking! Thanks for the fun.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I'm actually kind of excited for this one. Woo Hoo

Unknown said...

So fun! I kept to the original pattern and have the 1st & last 2 lines the same... it sounded better to me that way:-)

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

Jenny can you read minds? This song has been stuck in my head for the last two days ever since I saw a spongebob cartoon where patrick writes a song titled Twinkle Twinkle Patrick Star The joys of having kids

Ames said...

Huh?
You never let up,
you r full of crup.
you hurt my brain
'cause you r insane.

But I luv ya!~Ames*

*I need to sigh up for Evelyn Woodheads poetry classes. I'm a work in progress. Ha!

And I'm a also on pain pills. Ha ha !

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny,

I'm late, but I did it! And it is singable! I agree with beckyp; this is an easy prompt if you have children. The children sing and play this melody on the violin.

The photos are from last year. It doesn't look fully like fall here yet, even if the trees have started to turn.

Hope you have a good Sunday!

Best wishes,
Anna

Link #34

Anonymous said...

Deceptively simple!