Friday, September 23, 2011

You know that saying...

...to not ask a question unless you really want to know the answer?

Yeah.

That is a stupid saying.

Or maybe it's just a stupid saying in relationship to husbands.

Or perhaps, it's just my husband.

I love the man.

Heaven knows I do...

...but still.

It's been a bit of an 'interesting' few days here...

and Thursday night it all caught up with me.

So I said to Mr. Jenny, "Ummm...Mr. Jenny...gosh, this has been an 'interesting' few days...I'm really worn out...I must look pretty tired out. Right?

And he glanced at me and said, "Yeah, right, maybe you should go to bed early. You look...well...not so hot."

Hmmm...

So, I tried again...you know...for the answer I wanted.

"Well, I probably don't look that bad, right? I've looked worse, right? I mean, I don't look THAT worn out do I?"

And he said... "Ummm...yeah, you really should go to bed right now."

And I said, "Well, geez, it's only like 6:30. And are you saying I'm ugly?"

And he said, "No, you're not ugly...don't be silly, but yes, you look haggard."

And I said, "Haggard? What do you mean by haggard? Are you saying I look hideous?"

And he said, "Are you getting mad at me?"

And I said, "Well why, pray tell, would I be mad at you for calling me ugly and hideous? And it's not like I can go to bed anyway because I haven't even written my blog post for Friday."

And he sighed. Like I was being irrational or something.

Geez. As if.

And then he said, "Just go to bed. Skip your blog post."

And I said, "WHAT? Are you crazy? And disappoint the millions of people who read my blog every day?"

And he said, "Millions?"

And I said, "Okay, disappoint the thousands of people who read my blog every day? No way!"

And he said, "Thousands?"

And I stomped my foot and said, "Fine! I don't want to disappoint the 12 people who read my blog every day!"

And then he said, "You get so dramatic when you're tired. You should really go to bed, I'll write your blog post if it's that important to you."

Hmmmm...

So, I said, "Fine, great! Since I look so haggard and ugly and hideous AND am totally dramatic, you probably don't want to look at me anyway, so go ahead and write my stupid blog post and that will be just fine with me!"

And I huffed out of the room.

And I have no idea why.

Really.

I think my crabbiness was in direct proportion to my haggardness...

...

...

Seriously.

But!

...have you ever gotten into a frame of mind and decided, 'damn the torpedoes'...I'm going full speed ahead whether this makes sense or not?"

You have, right?

It's not just me.

Right?

So anyway...

I went to take a bath and Mr. Jenny came in and told me, "Your Friday post is on your e-mail."

So, when I got out of the tub, I opened my e-mail and found this picture.


..and I asked Mr. Jenny, "How is that a post?"

And he said, "Remember when we came home a few weeks ago and Oskar had gotten some books out to chew up?"

And I said, "Yes, I remember."

And Mr. Jenny said, "Well, remember how that was one of the books on the floor by the book he actually chewed up, and I showed you the book title and you said it was funny?"

And I said, "Yes, I remember, but the book wasn't on the chair when we came home, was it?"

And Mr. Jenny said, "Not, it was on the floor but I didn't think that was a very good picture so I put the book on the chair with the dog and took a picture. That's funny, right?"

And even though for a tiny brief moment I wanted to give Mr. Jenny retribution for actually answering my question I didn't really want to know the answer to...

I resisted.

Because.

I was tired.

And haggard.

And so...

This is my Friday post...

And you're welcome.

And now, I'm going to bed. Mr. Jenny really exhausts me sometimes.

So there.

Sigh...

post signature

33 comments:

Terra said...

I just love you haggard and ugly or bright eyed and bushy tailed...either way - And I personally that good ole mr jenny does too!

Unknown said...

Poor Mr. Jenny! He tries so hard to do the right thing.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Now that's TRUE LOVE! Bless Mr. Jenny!!

xoxo

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Mr Jenny gets an A for effort in blog posting~ we won't tell him what he gets for question answering...let him wonder and figure it out on his own!

Theresa said...

Cute... Mr. Jenny, that puppy is cute:) I think you are beautiful and SO NOT haggard! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Willoughby said...

I'm sure Mr. Jenny meant that you looked haggard in a good way. Radiant, haggard, same thing, right??

I hate to take sides, but I thought Mr. Jenny's idea for a Friday blog was pretty cute!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Geese Louise all the man had to say was, "No Jenny, you are always beautiful!"

Just as I've trained Farm Boy to just say..."yes dear", then life remains goooooood!" Heeehehehe!!!

No matter how disgusted and tired ya are...ya make me laugh girl and that's priceless!

You and Mr. Jenny have a fantastic weekend!!! :o)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

This is a great example of the 'glue' that keeps folks happily married.

What do you mean,"No, it's not"?

I was thinking in a Mars-ish and Venus-y kind of way.

What do you mean, "No, it's like two separate galaxies"?

I'm thinking men are born problem solvers. Mr. Jenny gets the 'assist'. Oskar scores. You get the point.

:)

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm. I've learned just to not ask the question in the 1st place! Silly woman. And I, for one, love Mr. Jenny's blog idea. You have a good one, Jenny, my dear...he's a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Great post - hope you got a nice sleep too!

Cheryl said...

Shingles getting to you, my sweet? I'm hoping they're not because, I don't like it when people are not feeling well.

As for Mr. Jenny, his idea was terrific. Love PJ's summary.

Pondside said...

Being careful about the question you ask is something that should be covered in Marriage Preparation courses. Brides should be helped to understand that some questions should just NEVER be asked (such as `Do these pants make me look fat`and `Didn`t you notice my hair cut-colour-stylè) Grooms should learn never, ever to ask `Why did you do that with the car-why didn`t you think to put oil or water in the car etc etc.
Sorry about the lack of questions marks and the odd accents - something has gone wonky with my computer!

Keri {One Mama's Daily Drama} said...

Any time someone uses the word 'haggard' it makes me think of Hagrid, from Harry Potter. I always want to respond, "You think I look like a giant harry man??" LOL Mr. Jenny is awful sweet. And you know we all love Oskar stories.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

They can't help it, they're just made that way...

And I think you look quite fresh and lovely this morning!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Too funny. Men!

Amy said...

Haggard? Isn't that the name of a bumbling wizard in Harry Potter? No? Well, I think you are a wiz, and you look wonderful and so fresh. I am surprised you look so great after such a week as you had! Anyone else would look awful, but not you. I am shocked Mr. Jenny didn't tell you so. But then again, I guess it doesn't surprise me. Anyone who looks as good as you do after a hard week shouldn't be told. It might go to their heads. Mr. Jenny was just protecting you from vanity. What a wonderful husband he is!

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

That goes to show you that is just one of many questions that does NOT beg an answer, especially from a guy.....Like does this outfit make my butt look fat!! The pic of your dog and the title of the book was priceless!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Oh no he DIDN'T say that! When will they ever learn? At least you got a great blog post out of it, and your little dog is very cute too. Have a great weekend. Blessings,
Tia

Ms. A said...

After the past few days, I'm surprised you haven't shot first and skipped the questions.

I'm still praying, send me some good news.

Lynn said...

Hi,
I just wanted to say, I love Oscar!! I am a dachshund lover and I share my home with 4 yes 4 spolied rotten doxies!! We had 5 but our oldest, Baby, went to Rainbow Ridge on December 4, 2010. She was 16 years old and was a blessing to our family. I hope you are feeling better today!!
Hug,
Lynn

Maude Lynn said...

The last time I was sick my walked in the room and said, "honey, you look awful!" And, he didn't even write a blog post for me!

H said...

When I am over-tired, I get irritible with a great big capital I!!

I hope you're feeling better today! Hug :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh Jenny when I get overtired or have not eaten and my blood sugar drops I get down right grouchy! Amazed aren't you?? hugs, Linda

PS the picture is way cute!

Ames said...

You should have used this as your "W" post. It's called gettin' wiggy!

Tell Mr. Jenny this is not the proper time to say "Yes dear." Wouldn't want him to be confused again in the near future.

That Oskar must be one voracious reader! Has he read The Hounds of Baskerville? Old Yeller? Lassie??

Take a couple of Benedryl and go lay down and try to read a book. You'll be out before you know it!Jenny. Hugs!~Ames

Dazee Dreamer said...

what a sweetheart. I wish Mr. Dazee would do that. But ummm, he wouldn't even know how to send me an email with an attachment. hahahaha, the visual is quite amusing.

I always tell my hubby since I have diabetes, if my blood glucose gets too high or too low I get really crabby. Works like a charm.

Allie said...

You so make me giggle!

Carol said...

"I love the man.

Heaven knows I do...

...but still."

I say these words myself, daily!!! Honey, I hope you get some rest, take care of yourself...you'll be no good to anyone if you don't!! (An incredible lady told me these words when all hell was breaking loose with my hubby, a year ago!)

Besides, you can't go wrong with an Oskar post...in my opinion! Keeping y'all in my heart and my prayers! Love ya!!

siggiofmaine said...

Oh,my dear...been there, done that, wish I'd just zipped my lips shut, but once the words are into the universe they just multiply ...you did so much better than I in the same situation.
Thanks for sharing the conversation, enjoyed the story of Oskar and the book...at least he tried, and unlike me, you didn't have a repeat performance of the first conversaton!
☮ Siggi in Downeast Maine

Anonymous said...

I love that picture!! Feel better soon sweet Jenny. Hugs

Sharon said...

Irrational? Nah! We have conversations like that but I'm ridiculous! Or crazy! And there's no way he'd take over something, like writing, for me. So, thanks, Mr. Jenny! It will all be clear in the morning but she may not admit it. I wouldn't. ;)

cj Schlottman said...

Poor Mr. Jenny!

Namaste.........cj

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, you are so stubborn, cute and haggard when you are tired. :)
I have made it a point that when someone tells me to go to bed, then I go to bed.
Mr. Jenny is funny too. You guys should get married.
I hope your weekend was good and restful.
XOXOOXOX

Susan Anderson said...

Did I ever tell you that you are quite delightful?

=)