Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Centus - Mother May I

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week seventy-one of Saturday Centus. For this week...

WORD COUNT - Up to 100 words AND the 3 words of the prompt (103 total maximum words - For those of you that want more words please feel free to link up multiple stories!)
STYLE OF WRITING - Any
USE A PICTURE IF YOU LIKE
THE PROMPT THIS WEEK IS: "Mother May I"

WARNING: Next week I'm thinking I might quit being so easy...just sayin'...

The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer.

Please display my link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday!

post signature

9 comments:

Susannah said...

This one took me in a strange direction! Though it was fun as always. :-)

Glad to be in on another saturday centus. x

Nonna said...

Jenny,
This was a fun prompt to work a story around.You are being scary about next week...nothing like a dark cloud hanging over our heads for 6 more days...is it still wicked hot in your office or what ???

21 Wits said...

Oh this is a sweet gem of a prompt..bring me back....although you are playing so wonderfully nice this week...I worry about next week....and I am gonna be posting a bit later next week as Saturday we'll be out of town till Sunday...sorry I am shaking already! Oh No! Have a great weekend, stay cool! Jenny!

Daydreamer said...

Hi Jenny, didn't think I would be able to do this one but, somehow managed.
Thanks for everything you do!

Judie said...

Hmmmmm! I'm anxious to see just what you come up with for next week. Centusians are hard to trick, you know!!

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny,
Lovely prompt. But I am so busy doing things in the apartment with the children that I have written this poem without the usual painstaking rewrites. I let it write itself, which means that I don't understand what it means!

At least it allows me to play along with the rest of you fine folks.

Best wishes,
Anna

Link 20

Anna's poem 'Mother May I?' SC wk 71

Bethe77 said...

A little late with travel but got it in!
This was kinda of a fun one.
Thank you for the prompts.
Blessings

Annette said...

Hi Jenny! This is my first time prompt writing. I had so much fun! I linked up incorrectly, though. What can I do to fix it? I'm located at wispofcreativity.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,
Mr. Linky said it did mine but i could not find it. Here it is again JIC.
Thank you for this wonderfull site!
Sean

Never Alone – Saturday Centus – Mother May I

The storm brings thoughts to life like Frankenstein’s monsters shambling inside. You are worthless, no good, deserve to die.

When I was a boy, into my room she would come, while I had my eyes screwed shut against the worst. She lays her hand on my shoulder. A reassuring touch and we would mother may I.

Mother may I have good dreams tonight? Yes, sleep well till the light she would say.

My voice echoed in the empty room. Mother may I live? I feel her touch and words in my heart. Yes, live and love well according to another Grandma I know.