It's about how he behaves before company comes over.
He walks around the house turning on all the lights.
I ask him why he's doing this.
He says it's because our house is so cool.
I walk around making sure the toilets are flushed and there's no dog poo deposits in the corners of the hall and then I turn all the lights off, except a few strategic ones that don't highlight the dust and unvacuumed corners. I make it all warm and cozy and inviting.
And then I go to change my clothes and put my make-up on.
When I come back, Mr. Jenny has turned all the lights back on again and it looks like we are the personal owners of the electric company here and/or we are planning on interrogating our guests.
I know this is probably just the difference between men and women, but seriously.
I'm all excited to see our friends from Shawnee, Kansas, Carol and Dwen!
I'm just not all excited for them to see our dust.
If you have a husband like Mr. Jenny and/or you are more confident of your house cleaning skills, I have a great giveway today for you from CSN stores.
If you can use more lighting in your house, including recessed lighting, CSN online stores have a wonderful selection for you to choose from.
They have all kinds of recessed lighting I'd never even heard of before including 'beauty spots'!
And look at this one!
It would be perfect for Mr. Jenny AND me. He could question people thoroughly by pointing it at their faces...and I could shine it up at the ceiling where there is hardly ever any dust or dog poo.
It would be a win-win light for us for sure!
And you can pick your own recessed lighting, or anything else you like from the CSN on-line stores if you win this giveaway for a $65.00 gift code.
Here's the rules and how to get five chances to win:
1. You must be a follower of this blog. Yeah, that makes me feel all kinds of powerful WITHOUT even shining a bright light on you! (chance 1)
2. You can get an extra chance if you want to post something about this on your own blog. Make sure you put in a second comment, though, saying that you did. (chance 2)
3. Put another comment here on Thursday. (chance 3)
4. Put another comment her on Friday. (chance 4)
5. Ummm... gosh. I can't think of anything silly to make you do. Ummm... oh what the heck...just type the word comment under comments as a new comment and that will count as chance 5!
I will do the drawing sometime Saturday morning, March 12th and Mr. Random Org will assist me if he is available.
I'm off now to turn off all the lights again (I am writing this on Tuesday afternoon) before our friends arrive.