Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Centus - ...within the stone...

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week fifty-nine of Saturday Centus.

Good morning! One of our Centusians volunteered a very intriquing prompt this week.

Jeff at Tennessee Mudbug came up with:

"...within the stone..."

We will use our usual 100 word count with this prompt. You can use these three words PLUS up to an additional 100 words to tell your story in any style you choose. The only restriction is that your post must be PG!

And please try to visit as many of the other links as possible. If you get a chance, perhaps you can visit the last five or so from last weeks challenge as well.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday! And thanks Jeff. This one looks fun!

One small warning. The linky tools was really odd this week. If you have trouble linking just shoot me an e-mail and I'll look at it first thing in the morning. Thanks! jennymatlock at cox dot net

post signature

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooh....I like the prompt. Very intriguing and mysterious. It's a shame I'm on my way in to work. I'll be mulling it over, though. Have a great day everyone!

Nonna said...

Thanks Jenny...good one Jeff, it's going to be fun and I think it will almost write itself for me...I have a couple of ideas already !

Susan Anderson said...

Nice prompt from Jeff.

=)

Judie said...

What a great prompt to continue last week's centus!!

21 Wits said...

Oh this is a cool prompt, thanks Jeff at Tenn-Mudbug...I missed last week, my weekends are just to full and then the week takes up so much work time....but I got this in while it's still early in the game...oh yeah! Jenny I hope (knowing) you are cooking up a storm (as I will) this weekend in honor of Father's Day! I only wish my daddy was still alive to enjoy it...he loved my feasts! Now he can look down from above! Have a great Father's Day no mattter what you do! ;)

21 Wits said...

This comment is for Jeff at Tenn-Mudbug, Cuz Blogger wouldn't let me comment(Blogger-Grrr)
Just love this prompt Jeff, it's one that could go so many different ways...I really enjoy that! I too have a fondness for polished rocks and I have a few that my grandfather made for me from his own land in Arizona! Talk about amazing! Thanks again! The posts have been so very creative! It must make you feel proud! No hair pulling !

Unknown said...

I feel a theme in the last 2 challenges... LOL...

Harshika said...

what's a PG????

jeff campbell said...

@ Harshika...PG=Phreaking Good ;-)

I have 9 more to read...thusfar I have been blown away by all that I have read. Ya'll have outdone yourselves on a prompt that seemed so obscure, abstract even. If you like this prompt...you can thank this book that has been leaning against my computer station for a few weeks now...next book up..."Dreamscapes" ;-) Peace and blessings and many thanks for your gracious comments about this PPITB...perpetual pain in the butt.

jeff campbell said...

BTW, for all you rock lovers and those desirous to be, remember these memorable quotes and sayings...

As Sherlock commented to his trusty sidekick..."Sedimentary, my dear Watson"

"igneous is bliss"

and a particular face of mine..."Geologists make the bed rock"

and last but not least(don't show this one to the kiddies)..."Subduction leads to orogeny"

Happy Father's Day!!