Monday, July 8, 2013

I was raised straight...

...and my first husband was straight.
 
It was boring.
 
You know?
 
Like going from point A to point B was always...
 
ummm...
 
well...
 
straight!

I never, ever wanted to go straight.

I always, always saw cool stuff along the way that I wanted to detour to see.

But my Dad and then my first husband said, "No!   We are going to point B and we are not going anywhere else!"

Sigh.

It was frustrating.

And then I got lucky.

Because Mr. Jenny is not a straight kinda guy at all.

NosirreeBob.

Mr. Jenny is a zig-zag person at heart...

just like me!


And we rarely go in a straight line from point A to point B.

Unless, that is, finding a potty in the middle of a bush-less nowhere is point B.

And then we go straight to get there.

But that's the only time we do.

And it makes me really, really happy.

And I'm going to have to tell you about our non-straight adventures going to New Mexico over the 4th of July weekend.

Because being a zig-zag is a lot more fun!

Even if it does take a loooonnnnnngggggg time to get to Point B!
post signature 

20 comments:

betty-NZ said...

I can relate. My dad never stopped. I think his philosophy was 'Hurry up and get there so we can hurry up and get home.' I'm so glad I have a Hubby who--after a few years of coaxing--is now apt to turn down a side road and say, 'I don't know where it goes, let's find out!'

Melinda said...

Zig zaggy is the BEST way to go!
You get to see more that way.

:o)

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. A said...

Well, this one will get more than your regular hits, that for sure!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh Jenny I am a zig zag kind of girl also!!!! Love your adventures!

Unknown said...

I zig zag all over the place while my J is a straight kind of guy. I just wish he colored outside of the lines sometimes.

Terra said...

How sweet two zig zaggers got together.

pasqueflower said...

So glad you and Mr. Jenny can zig-zag through life together -- and then tell us about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Groan. I know what you man. Keep zig-zagging along.

Jenny said...

Glad you found your direction. As for me, I take the road less travelled, a horror to my mother and first husband. I am so fortunate to have a tumbleweed husband now! xo Jenny

Anonymous said...

Yes to the zig zag! I often have to remind myself as I tend to get on the road and just want to get it over with but it's so much more fun and relaxing to meander.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

From one zig zagger to another, you go girl!

Susan Anderson said...

Best of all, you've found each other!

=)

Holly said...

We're a back roads couple up here!!! Love to get off the beaten path and view real life!

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Hubby and I aren't the straight kinda people either...the crookeder the better, lol.

Rita said...

I prefer variety--straight sometimes, but zig-zaggy and curvy or squiggly or stop and sit in the middle of the road are all fine by me. ;) But however you wish to skip down your path, it is good to have a companion who is just as happy on that same path. :):)

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I can't wait to hear about your zigzag adventures. That's the way we roll too! I love that you call your husband, Mr. Jenny - makes me laugh every time. I think I will start calling my husband (to his face) Mr. Tia. LOVE

Janie Junebug said...

I'm so glad you two can zig-zag together.

Love,
Janie

Busy Bee Suz said...

Zig zagging is quite fun....and you two are FUN!!

Pat Tillett said...

I totally agree with you. The great things are on the side roads, the back roads and the old roads.
My granny used to say that "until you get off the main roads, you are nothing but a tourist."