Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pretty darn close to being autograph worthy...

At least I think I am.
 
So.
 
Here's what I did.
 
Prepare yourself.
 
It is going to be glorious.
 
I.
 
Jenny.
 
Matlock.
 
Used an electronic coupon at the grocery store.
 
GASP!
 
Right?
 
Seriously.
 
I did.
 
All by myself.
 
I.
 
Used.
 
An.
 
Electronic coupon off my smart phone.
 
Is that what they're called anyway?
 
Electronic?
 
I dunno.
 
It doesn't really matter what they're called...
 
And I can't really be expected to have total cyber-brilliance at my age.
 
But, the fact remains.
 
I used a coupon from my iphone...
 
AND it worked!
 
AND I saved $1.40.
 
AND I only looked moderately dumb while I did it.
 
What a day, I tell ya.
 
Pretty darn close to being autograph worthy...
 
RIGHT?
 
Feel free to send a self-addressed stamped envelope and I will sign and send one of those old-fashioned, not cool, actual PAPER coupons back to you with my autograph.
  
Just in case.
 
Since I mastered this huge feat...
 
who knows what I'll go on to accomplish next!!!!!
 
Blush.
 
Sigh.
post signature 

21 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

I've never done that. I don't know how. You are a genius. I bow before you.

Love,
Janie

Jeanie said...

I did that....once, with some help from the clerk who was checking me out, so I understand your pride in yourself. There is no telling what we will conquer next. :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jenny you give this ole gal hope that I might accomplish the same thing...one of these days!

hugs,
Linda

ImagiMeri said...

Will wonders ever cease???? I'm so proud of you girlfriend. When are we getting together again?

Love ya'
Meri

Viki said...

Wow! Amazing! You are brilliant!!

Leovi said...

Yes, courage is necessary for that feat!

Ms. A said...

Heck, I'd have to get an iPhone and learn how to use that first. You're miles and miles ahead of me!

Melinda said...

Awesome!

Congratulations!

You did it!

:o)

Anita said...

Oh Jenny! I've been wanting that experience since I got my iPhone. You have encouraged me to be brave; to go into those uncharted waters. Congratulations!

Esther Joy said...

Congrats! You're ahead of me. I haven't done that yet!

pasqueflower said...

I always marvel at the 30-somethings ahead of me at the checkout line who flash their phone and get discounts. I've never attempted it. As someone who needs a 12-year-old to help me find wallpaper and set the clock on my phone (blush), I am duly impressed with your accomplishment!!

Susan Anderson said...

Impressive. You have officially arrived!

=)

lissa said...

sounds so impressive, like it's the future. but did you paid with your phone too? I read in some places, you can pay with your phone, though I don't really want to depend so much on my phone considering it if gets lost, I might get lost too.

hope you have a sweet day.

Anonymous said...

I'm thoroughly impressed!

Splendid Little Stars said...

woo hoo! Jenny! It's a red letter day!
(admitting that I have yet to do this!)

Rita said...

OMG! I didn't even know there was such a thing! Bravo, Woman! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who approaches these tech break-throughs as if I'm being ask to jump hurdles. I don't have a smart phone yet and I don't carry my tablet everywhere so the electronic coupon thing is still on the scary horizon for me...

Amy said...

Hehe! Good job! I don't even know how to do that and my husband is all Techno Geek. You are amazing, my friend.

Granny-Guru said...

Awesome! I didn't know you could. How did you find the coupon? A few months ago I sold a book using Paypal when a customer asked if I took credit cards (I didn't). She then asked if I had a Paypal account (I do). Then, she proceeded to pay for the book to my PayPal account. It's a whole new world.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, I LOVE THIS!!!!! You are brilliant and very GREEN too.
XOXO

Pat Tillett said...

Good for you Jenny!
If it's a current and high value coupon, and it's something I want. Then yeah...