Friday, July 5, 2013

You know that song from Rocky?

da da DA! da da DA!

da da da da da DA!

You recognized that song, right?

I'm only  sorry you didn't get to hear me sing it in person.
 
Mr. Jenny, however, did get to hear it.

Loudly.

He thought I was yelling for help...

...instead I was just 'da da'ing' in victory.
 
Because!
 
I!
 
Fixed!
 
Something!
 
Really.
 
I fixed something all by myself.
 
(and trust me.  I am not a fixing kind of person!)
 
And I did the fixing thing
 
without whining.
 
Without calling a handy man.
 
Me.
 
With my own bare hands.

This is the thing I fixed.
 
See the green arrow?
 
It was all separated from the pink arrow round part of the faucet thing.
 
There was at least an inch of white pipe thing showing between the two.
 
I've been fretting over that.
 
A lot.
 
I was worried what might happen if the pink arrow part went up further on the white pipe thing part.
 
Then what?
 
You know?
 
So when I was taking a bath I started fooling around with both arrow parts.
 
I told myself, "right-y tight-y...left-y loosey!"
 
And I righty-tightied and left-y loosied until there was no white pipe thing showing at all.
 
Yes.
 
I did.
 
And then I started yelling the Rocky song.
 
Loudly.
 
And Mr. Jenny came running into the bathroom fearing I was having a seizure.
 
But I wasn't.
 
I was just doing a victory song.
 
Because...
 
Yeah.
 
I fixed something.
 
All by myself...
 
da da DA! da da DA!

da da da da da DA!
  post signature

20 comments:

noexcuses said...

Yay!!!! What a feeling it is to accomplish something like that! Kudos to you! That Rocky song has been my theme song whenever I've embarked on a change in my life. It will never get old!

Theresa said...

Way to go Rocky... errr, I mean Jenny:) You are one smart cookie:) Have a blessed weekend, HUGS!

SarahBeth said...

We'll now call you Fix It Jenny! When can you come to my house?

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jenny way to go! I've had to try to 'fix' a few things myself during this move and I am not the fix it kind of gal either. Mixed results is all I'll say.

hugs,
Linda

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ok so we found your Kryptonite!!
You are not the most handy of handy women.

whew, so you are not perfect....only 98% perfect.
I feel much better....see how shallow I am? I see all your talent and creativity and I am green with envy. But I do have a pink tool belt if you ever want to borrow it. For real. :-)

Susan Anderson said...

You are now officially a Jack...er, I mean Jill...oops, I mean Jenny of all trades.

;)

Esther Joy said...

I'm proud of you!

J said...

I'm so proud of you! I missed reading your silliness, Jenny!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Jealous! I would have ended up somehow with water everywhere...

I just have no mechanical ability at all..

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh...YOU are a winner! :) So, when do you start taping your HGTV Mrs. Fix It show???
XOXO

Melinda said...

Now, Mr. Jenny can call YOU when HE needs help!

Enjoy your weekend!

: o)

Annesphamily said...

HaHaHa! Good one friend! When I saw your Rocky title I thought of the kitty cat stray hanging around my sisters house. She calls him Rocky. I guess he is small and the other big toms work him over! He waits every day to be fed. Now I have Rocky's song in my head! Thanks Jenny! LOL!
LOved my sweet lil card I received today! I sure love good friends!
Have a great day and know how much I enjoy visiting here! Hugs Anne

pasqueflower said...

You ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Now I'm humming that Rocky song and probably will all day.

Congratulations. You did it yourself! You may sing as loud as you wish.

Rita said...

Rocky's got nothing on you, lady! You go, girl!! ;)

Anita said...

I think you've planted that song in all of our heads now. At least it's a good one! :)

Congratulations Handy Woman!

Amy said...

Yay! That feeling of accomplishment is one of the best ever. Good for you being all mrs. fix it.

Sue said...

Don't you just love it when that happens? I have to say that I don't claim to be the "handy" one around here, but once in a while!!

Unknown said...

Good for you! You are an inspiration.

Pat Tillett said...

Go Jenny! Before you know it, you'll be changing your own motor oil...

An important thing to remember about home repairs and DYI stuff. Plumbers, carpenters, painters, etc., are not smarter than regular people. They just know all the little tricks and shortcuts that most people don't. They don't willingly tell you about them either.