Thursday, July 18, 2013

Multi-tasking...

Ahhh.
 
Multi-tasking.
 
How us everyday people survive our lives.
 
Sometimes, though...
 
Just sometimes...
 
Multi-tasking can be a bit over the top.
 
I shall give you an example of this.
 
It happened to my ... ummm... friend.
 
Yeah.
 
It happened to my friend.
 
I was...
 
I mean...
 
Ummm...
 
She was getting her hair colored and cut.
 
Right next door to the hair place was a nail place.
 
When the hair coloring/cutting person told my...
 
...ummmm...
 
friend...
 
...that the color was going to take 40 minutes to process because of the large amount of gray...
 
my friend decided to go next door to make an appointment for a pedicure.
 
However.
 
The little sing-song-y girl at the front desk of the nail place said, "Oh, Miss...I take you now!   I do this now!"
 
She led my friend through a crowded salon to an open station.
 
My... ummm... friend was feeling a bit conspicuous.  She was very 'foiled up' and wearing a gold and black hair smock thing.

 
A few people snapped pictures on their cellphones. 
 
Every single person in the salon stared.
 
Talk about rude.
 
Gosh.
 
It was really, really uncomfortable.
 
Everyone was staring at me.
 
I felt like a moron.
 
 
...it was even more embarrassing when the lady doing my hair walked into the nail salon.
 
"Jenny!   Jenny!   You need to get that color OUT of your hair in 12 minutes!  You better hurry up!"
 
She shook her head and left.
 
All the nail tech people giggled and chattered.
 
I hung my head.
 
Gosh.
 
I was just trying to multi-task.
 
Anyway.
 
I mean... ummm... my friend was.
 
Sigh.
 
Luckily the pedicure was done in 11 minutes.
 
...
 
And, yeah.
 
It was me that did that dumb thing.
 
Not my friend.
 
And I almost made it out of the hair appointment with no further embarrassment.
 
Almost.
 
Not quite, though.
 
...
 
And this inane little post is actually going to be continued tomorrow!
 
post signature

18 comments:

vivian said...

well I shall come back tomorrow to find out more of your silliness!
have a great day. I hope your hair and nails turned out well!
xoxo

Theresa said...

Sounds like something I would do:) Can't wait to hear what crazy thing you did next! Have a blessed day sweet Jenny, HUGS!

Sally Wessely said...

I hope they didn't rush the pedicure. I don't blame you for multi-tasking. I hate wasting time waiting for hair to process.

RNSANE said...

I'm so glad I stopped by...I can just picture this. And, of course, you were trying to maximize your time...I always tell folks that, at 68, I don't have that much time left on this earth so I must be frugal with it...and multitasking is of supreme importance. I shall return tomorrow.

Monsoon rains here in Mumbai The meds I poured for three months before I left for India are turning into mush.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I agree with multi tasking but Jenny don't mess with hair color processing...you might be bald next time!! Yikes!

Pondside said...

Oh dear....is your hair alright?
I understand, though - it's hard to sit when you know you could be sitting 'productively'!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I can just see your friend sitting there all foiled up with her feet in the water bath....

Unknown said...

I think I had a someone massaging my feet I could overlook the stares.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

your poor......FRIEND :)

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry that "your friend"
had such a tough time.

:o)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

And more importantly you have no gray right?

Busy Bee Suz said...

I don't find ONE.THING.WRONG. with this scenario!
Now....if you had added in a mammogram or pap smear all the while...well, then you'd be pushing your limits!
XOXO

Memories for Life said...

LOL...Sounds like something I would do! I can't handle sitting doing nothing while I wait for my hair to be ready.
That's why I rarely paint my nails too...I can't sit still long enough for them to dry!

Janie Junebug said...

Sounds like my life . . . or my friend's.

Love,
Janie

pasqueflower said...

Ha.Ha. I gave up fighting the gray.
You have pretty toes, though!

Rita said...

Now that is multitasking! LOL! :)

Unknown said...

My gray is too resistant to color, so I've just let nature take its course. The bleaching I used to do was making it brittle and straw-like. Actually, I don't think it looks bad at all.

Pat Tillett said...

It sounds to me like you did a great job of multi-tasking! You got both things done in the same amount of time. Funny stuff Jenny!