Monday, November 16, 2009

Bbbbbbbaby it's cold outside....

...sssssorrryyyy for the sssshivering.... but it got down to 40 something last night.

Total craziness.

But since I used to a girlscout a hundred or so years ago I was prepared.

I finished my ZippyStrippy bedspread just in the nick of time.

In fact, yesterday, I made four trips back and forth to the laundromat to do the wash, dry, wash, dry cycle on this California king-sized quilt!

And it is fabulous. And warm. And cozy. And lovely. I think I might get a rag-quilt making badge for this one. Or at least a snipping fabric badge cuz that was a big ol' clippin' good time getting this one ready.

And in other, totally non-related news DID YOU KNOW THE POST OFFICE HAS THANKSGIVING PARADE STAMPS? Why did my mind jump there from the rag quilt. I fear I may be loosing my mind even further.

Oh wait! Yea, I can make this whole stamp thing into a very natural segue because GIRL SCOUTS HAVE STAMP COLLECTING BADGES!

Yea, I feel better now. That makes sense.




Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

You are SO funny!!! I love it when I can connect two very different things too! Nicely done... Ha!


Drama Queen said...

Jenny - you made me laugh! Thanks! And it's cold here in Kansas City today, too - they're talking SNOW! I'm a Girl Scout leader, though, so I'm prepared, too. (NOT!)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! The "15 for 15" so far is in reference to National Blog Posting Month - I've managed to post every day for 15 straight days so far - hoping I can do the "30 for 30" by the end of the month.

Why? I have no idea. Just because I can, I guess!

Stay Warm!

Julie Schuler said...

Beautiful quilt! Hurrah! for a job well done!

{ L } said...

Oh! That quilt is gorgeous and so cozy looking! :) You know what I love about your blog? You always have so much happy energy and it brightens my day!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Jenny!

Love your cozy quilt! I can't believe it is colder in AZ than NYC! I actually went out today without a coat --it's in the high 60's here which is so warm for mid November :-)

I also love the Thanksgiving parade stamps! I want to go to the parade this year, as for the first time in many years I don't have to cook the meal for 25+ people, but I found out today I definitely have a stress fracture in my I'm not supposed to walk much.

I was never one to follow rules, however, so maybe I'll still go!

Terri and Bob said...

Totally love the quilt. Just in time is absolutely right. It is cold here, too!

I used to be a girl scout myself...

~Kristen said...

Love, love, love the giant Zippy!! Perhaps one day I will work up to that size..... In the meantime, I'll just drool over yours! :)

Nadeen said...

Wow, cool! No, no make that Wow, warm!