Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Oh gobble, gobble, gobble


Fat turkey, fat turkey!
Oh gobble, gobble, gobble!
On Thanksgiving day!
How proudly you wobble
How loudly you gobble...

Wait! I've been thinking! I've been to two Thanksgiving programs in the past five days and frankly I think that song writers have been selling out.

Surely there are other words that rhyme with gobble then only wobble.

I mean c'mon.

Let's see. There is... ummmmm... cobble. Yea, cobble. Cobble is a good Thanksgiving word.

And ummm.... there is the word bobble. That one will work, too.

Hobble?

So...

So...

Ummmmm....

OK....

I'm thinking of a new Thanksgiving song right now.

Ummmmm....

OK, honestly, I just don't think I can put Thanksgiving songwriters out of business by using my creative mind to compose new Thanksgiving songs for little kids to sing.

And in that spirit...

How proudly you wobble
How loudly you gobble!
Oh gobble, gobble, gobble
On Thanksgiving Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh.

8 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Oh Jenny it came it came, what a wonderful book. I can't believe you are a writter and an artist. God bless you I love it, and your wonderful card is so beautiful, such a wonderful gift for the holidays, even great receipes inside. I will have to try them out.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday.


Blesings,
Heidi

Julie Harward said...

Hi Jen...this is funny, and I do like your words best! I think you love to write and are good at it. Thanks for your visit to my blog and for the kindness. Come say hi any time :D

Kimi said...

Honestly I had no idea there even were Thanksgiving songs. Songs for all occasions I suppose. You are totally going to put those writers out of business though.

Linda b said...

Love it Jenny !!!

Happy Thanksgiving...gobble, gobble, *grin*

Bits-n-Pieces said...

oh yes..there are Thanksgiving songs!

Gobble Gobble Gobble
Fat Turkey, Fat Turkey.
Gobble Gobble Gobble
Fat Turkey am I.
I'm not here for living
I'm here for THanksgiving.
Gobble Gobble Gobble
Fat Turkey am I.
(*sung to the tune of "Have You ever seen a Lassie")

and

Oh Turkey Leg Oh Turkey Leg
How lovely are your feathers
Oh Turkey Leg Oh Turkey Leg
Your skin's as tough as leather
If you could speak to us right now
You'd say "Why me, and not a cow?"
Oh Turkey Leg, Oh Turkey Leg
We'll see you next at Christmas!
(*sung to the tune of Oh Christmas Tree, if you didn't catch that already!)

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

So, your song lyrics reminded me of a Thanksgiving song my mom (I think made up) always used to sing:

...ahem...

A turkey sat on a backyard fence,
And he sang this sad, sad song;
Thanksgiving day is coming,
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble,
I would like to run away.

It doesn't rhyme, but we sing it every year after saying Grace at the dinner table!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

G. B. Miller said...

Have a Happy, Blessed Thanksgiving, Jenny.

laterg8r said...

i haven't heard even one thanksgiving song, in canada it's christmas all the way :D