Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Centus - Week 21

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week twenty-one of Saturday Centus.

STOP! If you didn't read the end SC's from last week, please take a moment to do so. Just work backwards until you find out where you left off. I feel really bad that the people at the end don't get read.

Thanks!

Now on to regular SC biz...In case you've forgotten...

This is a themed writing meme.

You can use UP to 100 words (not including the prompt) to tell your story. You cannot use pictures to illustrate your story. It can be fact or fiction. The only restrictions is the prompt must be left intact WHICH MEANS you cannot split up the words in the prompt.

You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Try to visit each one because there are some amazing writers participating in this meme. Since the links are so short they are also a fun and quick read.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

On Wednesday of this week one of our regular Centurions is celebrating a birthday! I'm not sure how old he is but I suspect it's 39! So the prompt this week is in honor of Tom Goette's Birthday (let me know when yours is and I'll be sure to make you fidget as well!)

Happy Birthday, Tom! This prompt's for you!


WEEK 21 PROMPT

He never dreamed when he blew out the candles on his cake...


This link will be live until next Saturday morning around 7 am. And please, remember to link to your SC URL...not your main blog. If you are unsure how to do this please leave me a message in the comments or e-mail me and I'll help you through it! Have fun!

post signature

17 comments:

Terra said...

oh me oh my, I didn't know where to take this at first...I almost went with the last breath...no offense Tom...but I didn't, I couldn't - so I rolled on and spit out some words. Thanks for another great prompt!

magsmcc said...

Oh Jenny Matlock I could spend my life (and my marriage hence) on this blog! I love the stuff you do! I might work on the centus thing in a little notebook somewhere- just to practise spelling which is going to pott...

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Mmmm... I suppose I should Comment, what you've probably already figured out... That I can't write fiction, off the top of my head.

This is lovely for those, who can.

But like lots of crafting, it's not among my *many* skills. -giggles-

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Tom!
Remember that my post is purely fiction!
What a nice idea, Jenny!
Just so you know and can plan ahead, my birthday is December 28th. It's right after Christmas. This year it is on a Tuesday, so it does not work so well for Saturday Centus!

Best wishes,
Anna
P.S.
My post is #5.
By the way. I am writing down possible future prompts for SC. I'll send them to you by e-mail. You can do whatever you like with them, change them, take them apart, combine them or not use them at all.

Jackie said...

I'm with you aunt amelia , I can't even write non fiction lol . and magsmcc , that's a good idea . I can use practice but then again hopefully by participating each week I will get better, who knows.

Susan Anderson said...

Happy birthday, Tom!

=)

Ames said...

Hi Jenny, I'm still having technical difficulties linking to Saturday Centus. Entry #7 is my mistake and you might want to delete it. Sorry. Hopefully I have worked out my kinks.~Ames

Tgoette said...

LOL! Best. Birthday. Card. Ever!

Thank you Jenny for such a sweet honor on this, the upcoming 9th anniversary of my 39th birthday!

Now I am getting a little verklempt! Talk amongst yourselves.

Jen, you never cease to surprise or amaze me. There's a word for someone like you. I'm thinking it is "delightful!"

And thanks for another interesting prompt! I will try, as always, to do it some modicum of justice.

Thanks also to my fellow Centusians! You people are awesome!

Cheers!

Jackie said...

Hey! it's the birthday boy gracing us with his presence woo hoo! I hope since it is your birthday Jenny won't mind me putting lovely balloons on my saturday centus post ...Have a lovely birthday Tom!

Judie said...

What is my sc url, anyway? Does it have anything to do with South Carolina? I spent all day yesterday trying to put a friend's original music composition on my blog, only to find that "Vincent" from my Playlist, continued to play in the background. I figured that the sun was over the yardarm somewhere in the world, so I quite and had a glass of wine.

Help me, please!

Susannah said...

Another wonderful Saturday Centus though I have only just reread and realised that it is UP TO 100 words I have been trying for EXACTLY 100! Still it is good practise and I managed it. :-)

Thanks Jenny and happy birthday Tom.

Mine is here - http://panopticulated.blogspot.com/2010/09/birthday-saturday-centus-week-21.html

Jackie said...

Judie, SC=Saturday Centus . when you write a post and publish it , don't click view blog but view post , then copy the Universal, Resource Locator URL lol located in your browser .

You should see the title of your post in the URL and not just your blog like this : http://rogueartistsspeak.blogspot.com/

but like this: your latest blog post : http://rogueartistsspeak.blogspot.com/2010/09/well-it-wasnt-pepsi-challenge.html

I hope that answers your question .

Ames said...

Hi Jenny, I think I have listed my email on my profile this time. I'm still getting used to blogging. If it's there, would you drop me an email on how to link back to SC instead of my home page. I won't know if I did it correctly this time until I make a new post. Also sorry about messing up post #7.~Ames
P.S. SC #20 and Alphabe-Thursday: "A" is for Ammonia is still listed on my blog page if you care to read them. Thanks for your patience. :)

Donna said...

Just found your blog from Sue's...so much fun!! Saturday Census is a great idea...thanks for a good read!! PS. Loved Sue's on the new baby news!!!

linda said...

I haven't been here in a while. I've missed all of you and this fun stuff you do.
My contribution isn't all the good this week...my brain is a little fuzzy and tired.
Yours is super.

linda said...

For some reason i am un-able to get to the list of posts, so am un-able to read them and post comments....so....
i'm sure everyone did a wonderful job and came up with fantastic little stories for this week.

RA said...

Just popped in to thank you, Jenny, for your invitation. I am sorry but I have to decline, for now. I tried it again, and while I do have a marvelous story, I can't tell it in 100 words. I just don't know how you guys do it!! But I'll keep practising and one of these days.... :) Thanks again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOM! :D