Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another Kind of Chair


I held my head high as I walked the grim hallway.

Hands stretched out to touch mine, but I rejected their comfort.

I had not done wrong. I would not bow and cower now.

I would not plead and express remorse.

The chair dominated the small room. The straps were uncomfortable on my wrists but I did not lower my gaze from the viewing window..

Death by lethal injection.

And all because I had bludgeoned my dentist to death with the chisels he had used so violently on me when he extracted my molar.

I will not plead and express remorse.

I did not do wrong.


This bizarre little story is linked to week 95 of Saturday Centus. The prompt is in bold. I did end up having a tooth extracted on Friday afternoon, but my oral surgeon was fabulous...although I will admit to having had a few in the past who made me feel a bit homicidal. To read other links, just click here.

post signature

16 comments:

Terra said...

So glad this is fiction, friend!

Ms. A said...

I've had a few dentists that deserved to be lethally injected! Glad yours (oral surgeon) was decent.

Pondside said...

I had to have 2 (TWO) brand new gold crowns drilled through for root canals just 3 (THREE!!!) months after they were done. I was feeling distinctly homicidal! Needless to say, I have a new dentist.

Pat said...

When you mentioned the straps I was really concerned...what kind of dentist did you go to?? But, oh happy day - all fiction and you were in good hands after all. Great to hear the outcome was good.

We have had the same family dentist for 30+ years - he is the best...always plays the most wonderful music in the room while working too.

21 Wits said...

Oh gee thank goodness! So happy you disclosed that you didn't commit murder! I was ready to get a team together, you know like Mr T. and a few of the more recent good-bad guys to come and bust you out of there! Whew...glad we don't have to do that! But know we would! We couldn't let you go down when it truly wasn't your fault!!! ha ha!

Jim said...

Nice write, Jenny ~~ I always like to see what the prompter does with the word(s) of these meme's. This was a good prompt. Thank you, :)

Did you (the writer) put the tooth under your pillow for the tooth fairy?
..

Lynn said...

I know the feeling:@)

netnet said...

I love this! :) YAY! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! :) What does 'SC' mean though?

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

'Exactly the way I feel each time I head for that chair!!!

God bless ya sweetie and have yourself a great 'painless' week!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Haa! Having had dental work done recently, I can relate to this! Fun and funny and two chairs in one!

anitamombanita said...

I sure hope this week is getting off to a better start. Great piece of writing! :)

Gail said...

A very good one, too!

Once Upon an Equine said...

Wow, I didn't see that one coming. Great! I have dental surgery this week. My dentist better be nice and give me lots of Novocain.

Judie said...

I once had a dentist in Atlanta whose name was Dr. Payne! Not funny! definitely not funny!!

Susan Anderson said...

My goodness. Death by dental instrument.

So unseemly, Jenny.

;)

Unknown said...

Great story, Jenny!
I feel your pain!
Glad your oral surgeon was good this time.

I won't blog about this. But I could send through an email a photo of the remains of my molar that was extracted two years ago, leaving a gaping hole where I need to chew.

Wish you well with your treatments.
You are an amazing lady! Bless you dear friend!

Hugs from
Anna
Marias's New Chair" for SCwk 95