Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Here's the thing about...

...terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days.

They end.

In some cases it's a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry, verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

And sometimes those days become a string of verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry, verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days...

...but eventually they're over.

But I've discovered something.

If you swallow your pride while it's happening and ask anyone and everyone for help, and to accept offered help from anyone and everyone it makes things a whole lot easier.

I told you that I started on-boarding for a new work at home job this Monday. Monday afternoon I ran into some software problems that continued until Tuesday morning and eventually ended up with me hugely behind, unable to access the virtual classroom and the phone bridge.


I was really starting to freak out.

But then...

I got an e-mail from Rebecca, one of the amazing recruiters I've been working with asking how things were going. I told her I was having computer problems. She e-mailed me back saying, "Need me to do anything for you?" And I've had lovely follow up e-mails from Lauren, too. Wow. Geez.

I talked to the moderator, Richard, off of the conference bridge and he said, "If you can get the problem fixed I'll try and help you catch up tonight. Here's my number. Here's my e-mail." Wow. Geez.

Our computer tech said, "I'm totally backed up, man, (yes, he talks like that!) but run the computer over and I'll see what I can do." He worked on the computer for over an hour and couldn't fix the problem. He told us what to do, suggested alternative ideas so I could get the software loaded, and didn't charge us a penny!
Wow. Geez.

AND I got a phone message from a friend saying, "I'm not sure why but I think you might need some prayers right now! Sending lots your way!" Out of the blue. Wow. Geez.

So even though I'm not in official training yet...

And even though I'm not sure if the fixes are going to work...

And even though I'm still a teensy bit worried...

It is no longer a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

It's again a day of hope and possibility.

And if any of you are looking for a job with an amazing company with amazing people let me tell you about what I found.

The company I'm going to be working for is Convergys.




While they have traditional employment, the super neat thing about them is that they also have a lot of work from home positions to fill.

Work from home with regular hours as a payroll employee with benefits and vacation and time off and sick pay and everything cool like that.

Work from home as in no commuting, no dressing up, no putting make-up on.

You have to be computer literate, have a private working environment and be able to think of it like a 'real' job with timeclocks and schedules.

But, wow. What a cool opportunity.

Convergys.

Check it out.

It's really, really a neat thing.

And I think you know I'm not a commercial blog in any sense of the word, so it's not like I'm getting anything for this endorsement or a bonus or anything if you become an employee. I just wanted to tell you about it in case you're having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day in this painful economy!

PS. I'll put up more firehouse wedding pictures after I get the computer problems figured out! I didn't forget!

post signature

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs to you and many kudos for the wonderful way you ACCEPTED the help coming your way...They have a saying in the "club" that goes like this:

"...letting God do for you what you couldn't do for yourself."

You did just that! Love you! Things will get better...just have patience!

LuLu Kellogg said...

YIPPEE for wonderful people that want to help!

LuLu~*xoxo

Theresa said...

Angels were circling you while you were having such a tough time:) I pray that you get it all worked out and today will be smooth sailing! HUGS!!!!

Gail said...

I would love to work from home. May take a peek.

Glad your day improved!

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are working for wonderful people!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful company. How great to have the support that you have as you start this position. Hope you are not having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day today! Hugs!

Blessings & Aloha!
I have to get going to work, but wanted to stop and say again...thank you for your sweet visit!

Keetha Broyles said...

Someone told me something once that totally changed how I feel about being on the receiving end of help.

When we give help we feel good 'cause we are ministering to another person, well when we RECEIVE help, that's a ministry too 'cause without receivers the givers couldn't give.

The secret is to be balanced in our give/receive cycle.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I'm so happy people are helping cheerfully! Goodness knows, that is what you always do for others!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo girlfriend, it sounds like you hooked up with a great company!

My daughter, the Social Butterfly is workin' from home but isn't totally satisfied with her company. I may put her on to this.

God bless ya and pray ya get the bugs worked out soon and very soon!!! :o)

Ames said...

I am so happy for you Jenny. This sounds like a great opportunity for you to work from home. You lucky girl!~Ames

lissa said...

wish I could work at home but I'm already too distracted at work, so home, it's probably worse.

hope everything is working out for you.

have a wonderful day.

Mrs. M said...

Sounds like you found a great team to join!

Rachael West said...

You are wonderful - that is all :o)

anitamombanita said...

Ugh...just when everything seems to be coming together...I hate that. But I LOVE your attitude!!! Sending prayers of calm, peace, energy, resolution/solutions, etc your way!

Jo said...

sometimes you just have to put your needs out there and little angels arrive at the rescue ... keep at it Jenny! sending you some hugs to get you through the day!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jenny sounds like a wonderful company and lots of positive energy there. You will do fine and catch up I'm sure! Hugs, Linda

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm pretty sure I would have been verging on hysteria with that going on. And yet, it always seems that someone or something comes out of the blue and saves the day. ~ Maureen

Anonymous said...

So glad everything is working out!

mub said...

I worked for Convergys before =D I didn't know they did work at home now, that's pretty nice. I hope you're on a fun project and I have my fingers crossed the computer issues are truly resolved!

Betty said...

Sometimes when it rains it pours, but I'm praying the sun comes out and stays out for you. Hope the ZX#%&@> computer problems are gone!

Pat Tillett said...

I'm glad you're getting it worked out and that your day is better.
Oh yeah, congrats on the at-home job! That is awesome...

Susan Anderson said...

Glad you got the help you needed, and I really think it's a cool concept being able to work from home like that...at a full time job, yet!

=)

Ms. A said...

I have faith you will get it all worked out and prayers for backup! Hopefully things will get up and running smoothly, soon.

Stef said...

Wow! Those sound like great people to work with. And I am glad that your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day got better.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new job, Jenny! Sounds like you found a really nice group of people to work with too. That's always a plus in my book. :) Sorry you had all those technical difficulties though... I work in IT part-time so I'm familiar with those type of days.

Splendid Little Stars said...

People can be really, really wonderful! glad you had so many in your life at just the right time!
Convergys? really? They're located in my hometown! Congratulations on the job!

J said...

I'm so happy everything has worked out for you so far! :D