Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Centus - Autobriefagraphical

Jenny Matlock


Welcome to week ninety-four of Saturday Centus.

Before you go any further...
STOP!

I've had some e-mails from Centusians having trouble leaving comments of late. I'm wondering how you'd feel about offering an alternative method of getting in touch with you at the end of your blog post like your e-mail address. If you list it like this: jennymatlock at cox dot net it should protect you from 'bots.

If anyone has a better idea, please let me know!

I think we all enjoy the feedback of the comments and maybe something like this would work.

Now you can
GO!

Although you may not want to because I have a doozy of a challenge for you. I saw it in a magazine and thought it was ridiculously cool so it might be fun to give it a go here.

I know it's going to be almost impossible for those of you running continuous stories but I'm still going to do it to you.

Because I'm like that.

Here's your challenge for the week.

Write your autobiography.

In SIX WORDS!

I saw some examples and they were amazing. Here's two of them: "Learned too late to let go" and "Still dancing in the rain today!"

THEIR IS NO PROMPT THIS WEEK. BUT YOU HAVE 6 WORDS TO WRITE YOUR AUTOBIOGRAPHY. Period. FEEL FREE TO USE A PICTURE IF IT WILL HELP!

The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer.

Please display my link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday!


post signature

11 comments:

noexcuses said...

Oh poop! I can barely cut my blabbering down to 100 words. How will I ever do it in six? Thanks for the challenge!

Preeti S. said...

Wow. Interesting challenge! :D

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny,

Wonderful prompt!

If you have a big ego and lots of self-confidence, this is easy. I wrote it in a flash!

Hope you are recovering from your assignment as wedding caterer!

Best wishes and hugs,

Anna

21 Wits said...

Oh this is a new twist...and one that I am used to playing every Saturday already! Ha ha!

anitamombanita said...

thanks for your "advice" regarding anti-BOT-ulism...I love to read everyone's posts and to leave comments but it's painful with sites that use captcha...so, PLEASE everyone, listen to Mrs. Jenny and get rid of those stupid character verification thingies...I bet you'll find that the bots won't be a problem AND you'll have lots more comments from readers!!

anitamombanita said...

oh, and this week's challenge..yes, fun! :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

I think I can, I think I can.

Susan Anderson said...

Okay, six words it is!

And boy, do I hate the new word verification!!

"/

Dangerous Linda said...

Hi, Jenny! ~

Love this idea, although it doesn't really work with my blog right now. I'm going to post it and play along on my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DangerousLinda

Thanks!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Jenny, I added the Linky follower tool to my blog.
Linky Follower Tool

Melody said...

This is the first time I've ever played. I hope I did it right! Thanks for the challenge!

"Merrie Melody"
(merriemelody39 at gmail dot com)