Friday, October 26, 2012

Have you seen those blog memes...

...that feature 'what you're wearing today!'?

The blogger always look so cute in the pictures!  

And then they write about where they bought the clothes.

I'd love to dress like those fashionable bloggers...

...but I think the learning curve might be too steep for me.

Consider this.

I basically wear the same shorts (I have a lot of them EXACTLY the same) and two shirts.

Okay.

Technically, they're the same shirts...but they are in a DIFFERENT color.


When one shirt is dirty, the other is just coming out of the dryer.

It's a swell system.
 
And really.   Why mess with perfection?

I just do it over and over again in rotation.

The only alternate for these 'uniforms' is when I'm wearing my painting clothes...

...which are not for public consumption.

I only wear them around the house...

...to look cute for Mr. Jenny.

Ya know?

(mwahahahahahahaha!)


I've used this process my entire adult life and heard a few derogatory comments about it.
 
I've always ignored the remarks.
 
I figure the people noticing were just jealous of my simple, stream-lined wardrobe selection process.
 
But now I'm thinking I might need to change my clothing rotation a little bit.  Even our youngest granddaughter is commenting on my wardrobe limitations.

A few days ago she was rummaging through my closet for something.

She looked up.

Squinted.

Did a little double take.

And squinted again.

"Whose clothes are these, Grandma?" she asked with a puzzled look on her cute little face.

"Those are mine," I said.

"Are you sure, Grandma?"

"Yes, I'm sure.   Those are my clothes."

She put her little hands on her little hips, and squinted her big blue eyes suspiciously.

"Ooookay, then.   If you HAVE all these shirts WHY do you wear the same two.   All the time.  Like, over and over again?"

"Ummm...welllll..," I explained, "It's easy.   I just take
one out of the dryer and put it back on while the other one is washing."

"Seriously, Grandma?   Seriously!   You need to work on that!"

...

...

Hmmmm...

Tomorrow the Grandlittles have an early out, and I'm going to pick them up at school at 12:30.

I'm planning on wearing a different shirt. 

And shorts!
 
And I'm thinking I should have Mr. Jenny take a picture so I can link to a 'What I'm Wearing Today!" meme...

...because it's going to be an epic event.

At least for me.

And possibly little Miss Fashion Police.

post signature

25 comments:

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

"Don't go changing" is the song I heard in my head when I read this post. You're perfect the way you are..

I like your system, as I do the same. Who cares "what I'm wearing today"?

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

My husband found a maroon long sleeved shirt that was an overstock item at Tractor Supply, well made and heavy duty. They were on sale for something like $5, cheaper than WalMart. He bought 12. In the winter everyone thinks he never changes his shirt, but he does, everyday. Then we wash like 7 at a time while he still has 5 in reserve.

vivian said...

You crack me up! I have a lot of clothes but nothing remotely fancy. my husband on the other hand lives in jeans, black t-shirts and flannel shirts! and if he dresses up.. its black jeans and a polo type shirt. I say.. wear what your comfy in!
but that little grand daughter is on to you! lol! I bet she notices right away!
have a great weekend
xoxo

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are becoming a real fashionista!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

You definitely need to do a blog post on this! I want to see (and hear their reaction!). You might start a new trend when everyone hears your method!! :)

Jeanie said...

You may need a sign like those guys at the airport so they know it is you.
I think your system sounds like a very sensible one.

summersundays-jw said...

As of yesterday, I'm now able to ohange from my normal fashionable cut-off cropped Sam's sweatpants & t'shirt (much like yours) to my long Sam's sweatpants with a flannel shirt over my t-shirt. I've long been known as a fashionista. Maybe we should start our own "what I'm wearing today blog"......now that would be funny!!!! Jan

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

LOL I love it. I tend to wear the same things over and over or if I find something that fits well and it comes in several colors I'll just buy all...less shopping that way !

Ames said...

You know you can turn them inside out for an even longer wear. Hee hee!

J said...

I have to make a conscious effort to wear different clothes or I'm the same way.

21 Wits said...

Too funny, but you know what, I think Mr. Jenny would love you in a paper sack dress! Just as much as anything else!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jenny Jenny! At least add a 3rd shirt to the rotation for the Grand Littles!! Hugs, Linda

Hey you won my giveaway and I need your address!

ImagiMeri said...

I can attest that you have more than two shirts, as I've seen you in at least 4 different ones......well maybe those were your "goin out to meet someone" clothes, but I've seen em! I just bet you'll wear somethin snazzy for the luncheon....wontcha? If you're at a loss, I've got about 17 paint shirts, or you can borrow one of the two shirts I own. ;o)

Love ya
Meri

anitamombanita said...

loved this...and can totally relate. I have a closet full of clothes I used to wear when I worked in a corporate job...NICE suits...REALLY nice suits...and shoes to match. Where am I going to wear those here in the mountains? I have refrained from wearing pj bottoms and consider that a great success these days!! :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

we've got to be long lost sisters. I do the same thing. I also love shoes, but have grown out of some of them. My oldest granddaughter was in my closet the other day trying them on and left with 4 pairs that didn't fit me anymore. Now that is scary

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Hah! I do the same thing, except my "uniform" is t shirt and jeans, the same jeans (I have six pair exactly alike) and the same t shirt (I have umpteen, exactly alike). If it's cold, I add a plaid flannel shirt and if it's REALLY cold, I add a Carhart jacket. Every once in a while, I think I should mix it up a little, and then I remember how EASY it is and go back to the same rotation. My horses really don't care what I look like, just if I have an apple in my pocket...

xxoo,

RMW

Melinda said...

You gotta watch out for the fashion Ploice they (she) may give you a ticket!

Please do a post on this too!

M :)

Holly said...

I love looking at all these posts too, but then I feel like what I have is inadequate. And really, why do we need more than 2 shirts? (okay, maybe a few more!). But remember when our grandma's had a Sunday dress and a few work dresses? They seemed to do just fine and they weren't always looking for something new. I'm thinking the simplicity of this is a good thing!
Now, should I take back those 2 new pairs of boots I just bought? or maybe one? But they're both so cute!!!!
Curses.

Ms. A said...

I have my "house clothes" which also are not fit for public consumption and my "public clothes" which are barely fit for public consumption. (jeans, t-shirts and the dreaded bra... which is NEVER worn at home) Anyplace that requires more than that, is way too fancy for me!

Pondside said...

You've got it all figured out!
Because I have to go out to work in the wide world every day, I have a uniform. I have more than one version of it so that I can do laundry, travel etc. Here it is...TA DA....
black pants
black Tshirt/long sleeved T
black shoes and socks
black cardigan (so it looks like a twin set
colourful scarf.
If I really want to go all out I'll wear a blazer instead of the sweater.

Rita said...

The reason I have more than two shirts is that I don't want to wash clothes that often. I buy multiples in different colors. ;)

Terra said...

oh Jenny I fall into a very similar rut - Also with shoes. Recently I wore a pair of "flats" with my uniform (jeans and a shirt) and my little one asked why I was dressed up - UGH - simply putting on nice shoes made a difference in how she saw me. But, that didn't change the way I dressed!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those kiddos are so darn funny.
I had a similar uniform for a long time and if I were to say, put on jeans and a button down shirt, the girls thought I TOO was 'dressed up'! LOL
Since I went back to work, I wear different stuff now and they are used to it...but I really do feel you on this.
I hope little Miss Fashion police is happy! :)
XOXO

Susan Anderson said...

I'm guilty of the same thing, I'm afraid. Dave drives me nuts about it. He can't figure out why I have a closet full of clothes and wear the same few, day in and day out.

He also hates that when I find something I like, I buy it in every color.

;)

Splendid Little Stars said...

ha ha! I read your post that follows, so I know what happens next!