Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm broken...


This little poem is linked to week 127 of Saturday Centus.  The six word prompt is in bold.

To read other offerings using this six word prompt, just click here.
Sometimes you break
Sometimes you bend.
Why can’t you simply understand?
Sometimes the trying’s not enough…
Sometimes your life can get quite rough…
 “I’m fine, just fine!
It could be worse!”
…but sometimes (oh)…
Don’t you want to say,
“It could be much, much better today!”?
Everything’s awful.
Everything aches.
And…
Sometimes you bend
Sometimes you break.

post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't we all? Super post!

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

COOL


Lilly

Anonymous said...

Yes mostly the knees and sometimes the back...

Love your poem, as always.

Judie said...

Ouch! I know exactly what you are telling us here. I am sending you a virtual hug.

Judie said...

Oh, and I took something out of our paper to send to you, but I can't find where I stored your address, so could you please send it to me?

LLM Calling said...

I can so relate.
I've just realised that I've been much to hard on myself when doing the Saturday centus. I've always written EXACTLY the number of words prescribed. I didn't realise less was ok :)

Naperville Now said...

hear you. a moving post.