Friday, October 12, 2012

Who is that woman?

This little poem is linked to week 128 for Saturday Centus with the prompt shown in bold.   And actually, right now, my reflection has no gray in it!   Thank heavens for good hair stylists!   Have a happy weekend everyone!
 
To read other uses of this prompt, just click here.
 
 
I twirl and I turn
and I whirl and I dance!
I forget I am old now
and I don’t even glance
into my reflection.
But I stop and I look
and feel growing dismay
The ripples show tapestries,
of red, gold and grey.
Some colors I remember,
some are new to behold…
And I stop in my tracks.
My time is now.
I can never go back.
To my youth filled with fire
and passions so bold.
I am here now!
Amazing isn't it?
How beautifully leaves grow old.
 
. post signature

15 comments:

Jenny said...

It is a beautiful poem and I understand so well. Just what is a centus? xo Jenny

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

A beautiful poem, Jenny. I like that the woman is growing old but only in body. Ah, we should take note.
~Naila Moon

noexcuses said...

I missed the Centus this week, but you had some wonderful submissions. I love your poem! It describes so many of us so gracefully perfect!!!

Rachael West said...

I loved this thank you for sharing it!

Ms. A said...

Amen!

Theresa said...

Leaves do grow beautiful with age... I think I will be a leaf:) Have a blessed weekend dear Jenny, HUGS!

Joanne Lendaro said...

that says it all...thanks for sharing.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Wow, and again I say, WOW.

XO,

Sheila

Unknown said...

oh Jenny, I love this....

Anonymous said...

The colour may fade but that inner glow never goes ... there I said it!! believe it !! ;-)

Judie said...

My sister, you are definitely here now! There is just so much inside that head of yours that I am just in awe of what flies out.

Anonymous said...

Love the sense of wonderment and positivity

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That is beautiful, Jenny. Well done! laurie

Claudya Martinez said...

Beautiful. I felt it right in my heart.

Susan Anderson said...

Well done, Jenny. And wise.

=)