Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hooray! You longer need to go to this guy...


...if you don't have insurance.

I'm pretty sure he isn't offering the newest technology anyway.

However...

Imaging companies all over the US are offering really, really inexpensive imaging offerings including digital and 3D.

Having no personal health insurance, I've been procrastinating for a year or so because of the cost of the exam.

The nurse practitioner I saw a few weeks ago made me PROMISE that I would get a mammo by months end.

I agreed I would.

"No!" she said firmly (I think she might be a reincarnation of the nun I had for PE class a long time ago....SSssshhhiver).  I agreed.   And promised.   And even (I kid you not!) had to pinkie swear with her I would.

As it turns out, I can get digital OR 3D mammography for $89. 

A good deal if you don't have insurance.

And if you're procrastinating for the same issue, you need to make an appointment, too.

Or else you might end up going to the cheap clinic pictured above.

And think how ACKWARD that would be!

PS.   I'm doing a giveaway for a wonderfully informative book that my naturopathic physician, Dr. Tina Marcantel, wrote.   To enter that giveaway just click here.

post signature

18 comments:

Sarah Leonard said...

That picture is just so funny! I had to click over and leave a message.

Thanks for making me giggle - and seriously, get a mammogram!

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Cusiosity

Dazee Dreamer said...

I can just see you pinky swearing now.

Jo said...

that picture is hilarious!!!
putting off a mammogram isn't ...
get there .... and fast!

and i am so thankful i live in canada, if i had to pay for this service i might never go ...

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jenny with no insurance either I put it off but finally got one last month. My hospital has a 'self pay' scale for some tests and this is one of them. It was only $130 not bad but your $89 is even better. Women get thee to the mammogram!!
hugs, Linda

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning, Jenny!

Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment! I NEED TO GO GET MY YEARLY MAMMOGRAM! THank you for the reminder!! Anita

Joyful said...

It is never good to procrastinate with one's health though I think probably most of us do that to some degree. Especially over money issues. I'm fortunate that my health insurance covers the cost of mammograms and seeing the doctor as often as I need to. I'll check out your giveaway.

Joyful said...

p.s. I forgot to say I got a laugh out of the photo. Very funny!

Jeanie said...

Good for the nurse practitioner and good for you for making the promise....now go out and make good on that promise!

Ms. A said...

Choked on my coffee at that photo!

Betty said...

Oh Jenny...you need health insurance. The only reason Reid is alive today is because MD Anderson picked him up under their financial aid program. I contacted many doctors and none of them would take him without health insurance even though my husband and I would have helped pay. They all said no. He has to apply at MD Anderson each year and we sweat it out. I'm hoping I can buy him health insurance with a pre-existing condition in 2014, but that depends upon the election. You need insurance before something happens.

Susan Anderson said...

I'm overdue for my mammogram. For some reason, I just can't seem to get myself in the door.

I am going to do it in January with all my New Year's stuff.

=)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Heeehehehe, you crack me up girl!!!
I sure needed that great laugh after the day I've had.

I'm happy ya got your mamo and a great deal to boot!

God bless ya sweetie and have a super evenin'! :o)

anitamombanita said...

mammos and pappos..my favorite musical group...oh, sorry, I got distracted...

J said...

that picture made me laugh so hard!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

That photo is hysterical!!!!

I'm glad you are going for your mammogram Miss Jenny! I'm due for one next month!

Pondside said...

Do it, just do it, Jenny! If you lived in Canada you'd go every year because you'd be covered just because you live and breathe here.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is quite the get up huh? Silly man.
I'm so glad that this NEEDED service is at a reasonable price.
I DO feel so lucky to have health insurance and I get mine every year whether I want it or not. And of course, I don't 'want' it, but I do it anyway.
Good for you!!
XOXO

Splendid Little Stars said...

That is one scary clinic you have pictured!
Too many people I know have had breast cancer. Important to get checked.