Friday, October 19, 2012

Painted Letter V

V is not the easiest letter to paint around.  I drew a blank and I even toyed briefly with painting, "Victory, Victory! Can you dig it!  Victory, Victory! Can you dig it!  Uh-huh!" as tribute to my high school football pep days.

But then I decided.

Ummm...

No.

Instead I did these two signs for the letter V.

Finally it was a "Victory, Victory!" for me!

Here are my valiant efforts for the letter "V".

V

 
And quite appropriate, I might add, for this weeks challenge.   15" x 16"

And I'm still fooling around with this silhouette idea.  

 
16" x 13 1/2"
 
 
No stencils. No stickers. No vinyl.  Handpainted with my own layout.

Each picture is linked to my Etsy shop. Simply click on the picture to go visit!

You can see other signs in this series by clicking on 'Painted
Alphabet' in my sidebar.

Thanks for stopping by!

To visit other links to the letter "V", just click here.

post signature

16 comments:

Judie said...

I agree with BOTH of these, especially the last one. I need to stop daydreaming and get back to work! Hmmmm...maybe tomorrow!

Lola said...

Agree with Judie above!

PS Time to 'fess up! Been out of school recently but have done my homework!

Midwestern City Girl said...

I love them both! Very atmospheric and perfect for this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Well, I love the results of both!

Ms. A said...

I can think of the perfect "V" word for you... verve... you've definitely got it!

Lmkazmierczak said...

Very nice...is there a phrase in the background of the 1st one...I came I saw I conquered? Love that♫

Busy Bee Suz said...

I DO love them both. Can you dig it???
XO

Susan Anderson said...

Cool. I especially like the first one with the background!

=)

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

I like them both, and also like the muted colors you've picked!

Tatiana said...

love the silhouette! so pretty :3

Unknown said...

Very "V"eautiful :) x

Splendid Little Stars said...

You conquered that tricky V letter!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

LoVe!!! As usual...Great signs!

Blessings & Aloha!

anitamombanita said...

those are both awesome! and to think you had a hard time thinking of something to verbalize!!

Leovi said...

Sí, le deseo la Victoria a la Paz y al Amor. Saludos.

Esther Joy said...

I love the lettering of the first one, although I must admit I am ignorant of the words! The second one is definitely good advice for me!