Wednesday, October 31, 2012

'Twas Halloween Day...

and all through the house...
Things were in readiness, even the mouse...The pumpkins were lined by the front door with care
In hopes that Trick or Treaters soon would be there ...

Wrinkled witches hands reached sneaky and slow
To grab some of the treats piled up and ready to go...
Scary pumpkin heads watched with diabolical glee



for the first sign of children....ready to flee... So Pa in his witch hat
And me with nails painted black
Had just settled down for TV and a snack...
When what to did appear before our wondering eyes,
But a weiner dog dressed, in a Halloween disguise.
Oh he begged with his eyes and he howled most forlorn,
For Kit-kats, for Dots, for M&M's and candy corn.

To his great disgust we had to refuse
and when he turned around we saw he had a broom!!!!

And showing his fangs he gave us such fright...
when he barked out these words "It's almost Halloween night...
protect all the candy because I'm coming back"
And off he flew on his broom without getting a snack!
We went back in the house and were feeling quite wary.
Because it was almost Halloween and a hungry weiner dog is scary...

...and what we saw by his food dish gave us another great fright...
Ooooooh....there's nothing as scary on a Halloween night.

This is a re-run from a few years back!  I thought it was funny and wanted to share it again, though.

Here's a few current pictures!  And not nearly as frightening!





 


 

post signature

19 comments:

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

yikes! Nothing scarier than weiner dogs!

21 Wits said...

trick or treat smell my GREEN FEET! Yikes!....spooky! This was super awesome and hardly frightening, except for maybe the grand-delight with the knife! Oh my! Ha! Ha! What fun you have with Jolly old Halloween!

Naperville Now said...

were the Doxie shots yours? darling!

Susan Anderson said...

Such a fun poem, Jenny!

Happy Halloween!!

=)

Jo said...

Adorable!!! have a happy halloween!

EG CameraGirl said...

Cute poem and gorgeous hand-carved jack-o-lanterns. :)

Unknown said...

What fun! I love that you are giving out cheese crackers!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

My good friend Lynn had two weiner dogs, and the boy kept biting her to the point that his husband had his canines removed! He had a doggy prosthesis for those times when being manly was VIP. An artist friend made it for him.

Love you... I'm hiding or trying to, but I guess I will have to suck it up and not be Scrooge. I bought candy. I am just not in the mood this year.

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Her husband. Lynn was a GIRL. LOL

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

'Loved the pictures of your precious grands and their magnificent pumpkins.

I was a Geek Son's house yesterday and I spotted numbered pumpkins on the mantle. I asked what the numbers were for....3.1415926???

It truly didn't hit 'till my DIL, The Latin Lovin' Hillbilly said PI. Heeehehehhe...."Pumpkin Pi"

Their weird that way! :o)

Have a fun evenin' sweetie!!!

Ms. A said...

*Clapping wildly

Love the photos! There's a face I DON'T recognize? Who dat?

Joanne Lendaro said...

Excellent post..as always!

Splendid Little Stars said...

sounds like--and looks like--a fun time, even if somewhat scary!
cute weiner dog!
very cute grandlittles!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Such a cute poem! Love it and the photos!! Wiener dogs are always scary to me! hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Looks like fun to me!!! Loved the pictures of the grandbaby dolls!

Pondside said...

That's one very cute witch in the last photo!

Monica said...

I remember this poem, Jenny! I love it and I love the pics of all of you getting your pumpkins ready.

Terra said...

I absolutely loved the rerun and I have to say these grands of yours need to stop growing up, I need to put them in a bubble with Lauren and Hailey - they are all so precious, so beautiful and well...I need them to stop growing up darn it! Ok, kidding, mostly.

Amy said...

Your granddaughters are beautiful! And growing so big! What a fun poem. :)