Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Centus - Hey! Wake up! It's another Shake-up!

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week thirty-seven of Saturday Centus.

I think we all need to continue to shake things up a little bit for the New Year so this week we'll continue doing that. I'll tell you more in a moment, but go ahead and curse me now!

This week, we're going to go further with a shake up and do a micro-fiction Saturday Centus. Shakespeare writes, 'brevity is the soul of wit' and with that in mind, here are this weeks instructions.

Your SC can be a story of your choosing - fact, fiction, or poetry but this week you will only have twenty-five words (plus the three words for the prompt) for your story.

Twenty. Five.

Yes. I said it. I stick by it. I figure you don't know where I live so you can't come and beat me up. 2. 5.

And now...for this weeks prompt...

"The lottery ticket..."

You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like. Please try mightily to visit all the other weeks. There are some great writers participating in this meme AND it will be a zippy quick read this week for sure!

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Link anytime between now and next Saturday morning.

post signature

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Darn! Too bad I'm off to work...I so want to do this one! Maybe sometime next week when I am off...maybe...

Susannah said...

Ooooh this was a tricky one! Only 25 words!

Wishing you a happy saturday and thanks for thinking these up. :-)

Kat said...

Groan. That's all I've got. Groan. I guess I could add b**** and moan, but I'm trying to keep this G rated. Kat

Anonymous said...

I can see you are going to make us work hard this year, Jenny. :)

La Petite Gallery said...

Have to run dog to vet will try to come back to work that out.

yvonne

Bookie said...

My first thought was I could not do this. But I started to walk away and some words flashed in my face. I think I got it!

Bookie said...

Whoops, I made a wrong click, Jenny. No. 11 is WRONG...take it out if you can. SORRY

Ames said...

Sneaky woman! Just as well, I am so far behind on reading everone's contributions. This will certainly make catching up easier. Happy Saturday!~Ames

Susan Anderson said...

Okay. Just what are you up to, Missy?

(I know. You want to get through this week's offerings in a flash!)

Hope I can get a flash of inspiration!

;)

Tina said...

It's ON, Ms. Jenny. Try anything you like, I'm still going to string mine together! I thrive on challenge!

Deborah said...

Now that was tricky!! :o)

Kat said...

So, okay, I managed to keep my centus to 25 words. Of course, my intro has over 300 :) Good grief, Tom's intro is going to be a NOVEL! Kat

Judie said...

There are some GREAT 25 world stories, so people met your challenge head on!

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Jenny,
What a challenge. I posted a 25-word piece of flash fiction titled "Chance of a Lifetime" on my blog.
Thanks,
donna v.
http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com

Jo said...

oh I do know where you live and I just might come knockin' ... lol

Terra said...

I am so glad I am playing along again. These last two weeks have reminded my how much I love it. and they were both shake up weeks. Thanks Jenny!