Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Centus - She lifted the...

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week thirty-nine of Saturday Centus.

OK, I'm going to be nice this week. Actually, I should say that Judie is going to be nice this week.

Yup, you can't be irritated at me this week at all, because Miss Judie, from Rogue Artists Speak, wrote the prompt...and you don't have to do Sci-fi AND you get your full 100 words (plus the prompt)! Write in any genre in any style you wish...fiction, non-fiction, poetry or even sci-fi!

The prompt is:

"She lifted the stack of letters from the ancient chest..."

Thanks, Judie. This is going to be a fun one to work with!

You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like. Please try mightily to visit all the other weeks.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Link anytime between now and next Saturday morning.

post signature

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh....good prompt! I can see this going in so many directions. Unfortunately I am off to work. If I have some free time I will try to think of my own story to pen.

Terra said...

Oh, I liked it better when I though the prompt was simply "she lifted the..." I have a head full of sinus (and a nose too) and I am not sure if I will be playing along this week...gotta think about it. Hmmm...maybe. Hmmmm. Ok, I pry will, pry.

Kat said...

Thank you Judie! This gave me the perfect opportunity to revisit something I've been working on for a long time. This is going to be a fun one! Kat

elysabeth said...

Interesting - I just read one of the entries for your Saturday Centus on Bakow Babble (very interesting one - and I hope she expands it out into a full story). I found her through a teacher's blog I follow and then found you through her blog - lol. The cycle of blogging. I'll have to check out your blog further to see what you are about - E :)

----------------
Elysabeth Eldering
eeldering@gmail.com
Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

Where will the adventure take you next?

http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://jgdsseries.weebly.com

Tina said...

THANK YOU JUDIE!!!!! Phew, I already have an idea for how to work this one in...and keep my streak alive. Today, #14.

Tina said...

Oh, and I should say thank you JENNY for letting Judie make this week more doable than what I usually get...
;-)

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

This really is so much fun. I only wish I got to read the whole story! I would never have to look further than your website for reading material.

Judie said...

Jenny, thanks again for giving me the opportunity of writing the prompt!

All those whiners who complained about the prompt being so difficult should bless you for making us stretch our brains. I know I thank you! xoxo

e said...

This is such a great idea! I hope I entered everything correctly. it showed up on the page so I guess so :)
~Michelle

Susan Anderson said...

I liked this one!

=)