Friday, August 31, 2012

A girl can dream, right?


This little free-form poem is linked to an A - Z alphabet challenge for week number 121 of Saturday Centus.

I used EXACTLY 100 words and the letters of the alphabet in order.

Go.

Me.

Although I will admit that writing this made me hungry.

To read other SC offerings, just click here.

Ahem.


I’m hungry.
I’m fantasizing.
What do I dream of?
Get out of my way…
I want…
Almond Joy, Baby Ruth, Cheetohs, Doritos!
Extra Bars, Fritos, Good and Plenty and Heath Bars!
Ice cream and jelly beans, Kit Kats if you please.
Lemon Drops, Mars Bars, Now and Later, Oh Henry.
Popcorn and Quince, Reeses Pieces and Snickers.
Twix Bars!   And Uno bars!
And a Velamint please.
Whatchamcallit and Xylitol gum,
York Peppermint Patties.
Oh me and oh my.
I want sugar and salt.
 
No wonder my diets
Never quite work.
But! Hey!
Pass me a Zagnut
And no-one gets hurt.
 

post signature

13 comments:

w said...

ha! that was great!

Ms. A said...

Hahaha... leave it to you! You forgot to highlight the "S".

Stef said...

Wow! That's awesome. A post after my own heart. or stomach. No matter...I'm hungry now!

ain't for city gals said...

your best so far, Jenny!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I love zagnuts. I never see them anymore.

anitamombanita said...

Way to go, Mrs. Jenny!! Excuse me, though, I must go find something sweet to munch on...

Anonymous said...

Good one! How about Whoppers? White chocolate?

hjdbedfb said...

This is great :D Now I am hungry... XD

Susan Anderson said...

Jenny, I'm on Nutrisystem right now. Don't torture me.

=)

Lmkazmierczak said...

Brilliant♫

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow....I'm craving sugar and salt now too! great job Jenny.

Anonymous said...

ii couldn't come up with that much candy. wow. i'm a health food nut! that's amazing you can do that.

Pat Tillett said...

Really good Jenny! Whimsical!
Sugar and salt is what it's all about for me. I guess that's why my favorite thing to snack on, is a Payday candy bar.