Monday, August 13, 2012

Fan-tassie-istic


Look!


Yum!

I haven't baked anything in a long time.

This weekend I was lucky enough to get to take dessert somewhere!

I decided to make teensy pies.

The pecan ones are called 'tassies'.

I got carried away.

I made all kinds of tassies...including mini-cherry pie ones.



Everyone's favorite, though, was a Dutch Almond flavored one.

Super easy.

Super delish!

I thought I'd share the recipe with you just in case you want to make a bunch of teensy desserts, too!

DUTCH ALMOND TASSIES

CRUST
1 cup butter (no substitutes)
2 pkgs. (3 oz. ea.) cream cheese, softened
2 c. flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

FILLING
3 room temperature eggs
1 cup sugar
1 can (8 oz.) almond paste, cut into cubes
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extra
1/8 teaspoon salt
sliced almonds

In mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Gradually add flour, mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Roll into 1" balls, press each ball into the bottom and up the sides of a greased mini muffin cup. Set aside.

For Filling:
Beat eggs until fluffy and light. Add sugar, mix well. Beat in almond paste. Spoon a rounded teaspoon into each of the prepared mini muffin cups. Top each with a garnish of a slice or two of almond.

Bake 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and filling is set. Cool 10 minutes and then remove to cool to wire racks.
Yield: 4 dozen



post signature

26 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Great idea, good for bringing to the office too!

Ms. A said...

Do I see some pecan in there? Hubby could eat his weight in those.

vivian said...

mmmmm!!! I love peacan tassies! finally cool enough to ccok again here. maybe I will make something!
happy day!
xoxo

Theresa said...

Yummy and SO cute:) Have a blessed day dear friend! HUGS!

Unknown said...

JDaniel would love these.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Those look so yummy, just right to pop in your mouth!

Ms Sparrow said...

They sound wonderful! Now, you don't happen to have a recipe for Tomato Dumpling soup, do you?

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I could eat about 10 of those!

yikes!

Susan Anderson said...

I love teensy weensy pies.

=D

Terra said...

um hello, those look delish! I think I might have to try them~

Amy said...

Be still my heart, I think I have died and gone to heaven. Those look divine! I can't wait to try them. You know how to make my mouth salivate. Tinsy pies? Not cupcakes but pies?! Happy birthday mouth! I can't wait to try these. Tonight! Thanks, Jenny.

Moore Minutes said...

I love these so much, I'm going to copy you this fall! Why are they called "tassies"? That is such a cute name lol.

Yolanda Ronaldo said...

Hi Jenny! Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated your blog for the Sunshine award! You can check it out here: chickensonthemoon.blogspot.com

Ames said...

Yum! You sure have a lot of energy! Thanks for the recipe.~Ames

Melinda said...

Oh those are way too cute!

M :)


The Poet said...

My dear Jenny,
I will eat from your hands any day. Yes, now I am tempted to try this (smile). Thanks for sharing my friend.

Anonymous said...

I love tiny treats. These sound so good, I might even make them---I try NOT to because of the c.a.l.o.r.i.e.s but I won't tell if you won't.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Jenny

Your Almond Tassies sound fabulous! I'm copying this recipe to use for the Christmas season when I make a lot of assorted cookie trays to give away to family and friends.

Iris Manning said...

I have nominated you for The Sunshine Award!

-Delena @ A Farm Girls Story

Busy Bee Suz said...

WOWZA...these look amazing Jenny. I am not a good baker, so I can really appreciate all the work you put into these. I'm sure they were much appreciated.
xoxo

Amy said...

YUMMMY!! Miss JEnny! I'll have to give these a try. You know, someday, when I can stand to turn on the oven again! ;)

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

oh I love tassies!
And here I am at the office, sneaking off to blogland for 10 minutes, very sorry that I just looked at your tassies

because now I want one and there are none here

Unknown said...

I love almonds. Its my favorite. This dutch almond tassies is a great recipe. I would love to try it and share it with my family. Hope it'll taste good as yours.
Home Extensions Perth

anitamombanita said...

Are you trying to make us a teensiest were sue fat? ;)

anitamombanita said...

See. My fingers are fat already. That was supposed to say 'teensie weensie fat'

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Yum! I'm going to try this. Thanks for the recipe. laurie