Monday, August 20, 2012

Official Product Recall


AT & T did not, technically, ask me to do this recall.

But, hey.

I'm all kinds of consumer active in certain situations.

And I know AT & T (and you!)  will be happy to have some blog help from me.

Okay.

Here is the OFFICIAL RECALL INFORMATION!

If you have an AT&T phone with the "Push to Talk" intercomm feature...

DO NOT...

UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES... ..

...show your Grandlittles how it works.

Seriously.

This is not a laughing matter.

I REPEAT!!!

DO NOT show them how to use the intercomm feature...

Especially if you have a smallish house...

And four separate phones in it.

But about the recall...

I kid you not.

Feedback is not a pretty sound after thirty minutes or so.

And neither is having three little girls using three separate intercomms at the same time singing their favorite obscure songs at the top of their lungs.

Yes, huh, they are obscure.

For instance, do you know this one? "It's a happy day. I like to say hooray. I drink out of a straw. Stick your head in hot lava?"

Yeah. I suspect you haven't heard this catchy little ditty either.

I really don't think this has anything to do with the fact that Mr. Jenny and I sent them to Drama Camp for a week this past summer.

Do you?





...

...

Sigh.

I mean, really, who makes a phone with an intercomm feature that doesn't have a child safety lock?


I'm sorry I can't share more about this important recall.

But, I have a wicked headache.

...

...

Oh, and about the recall?

You are most definitely welcome.

Now where is that darn bottled of Exedrin when you need it anyway?

post signature

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think this is something I want JDaniel to know about.

Terra said...

I can guarantee I would not enjoy this very much. Now a week long drama camp - that sounds like fun!

Just Mags said...

Phew, after reading this I am very happy to say we kept our old phone. Sorry about the headache but love this post. Aren't those grands just the best? I see you have not lost your sense of humor nor your wonderful ability to write while I was away from Blogger. I missed your blogs. Hugs

Theresa said...

Cute pictures of these talented grandgirls! I am not sure if I have that intercomm button or not, I am not even going to look:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

anitamombanita said...

think i'm going to push the intercom button and LOL!!! Love this!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I don't think the intercom feature is something I want! Oh gosh, share that Excedrin! Hugs, Linda

Jeanie said...

This is good info-the problem is that the kids know more about the phone features these days than I do, so they would probably be showing it to me. My granddaughter also went to drama camp-they did a Broadway showcase and her "rehearsal" habit is to sing all the songs with lots of projection all week long-thank goodness she didn't have a "phone microphone".

Ms. A said...

I think I'm glad that wasn't around when my kids were young!

Jo said...

Drama camp, what a fab idea! I bet it was fun ... intercomms ... not such a fab idea ...
hope you find that excederine soon!

Susan Anderson said...

hahaha

You definitely have some budding lyricists there.

;)

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

lol. We had an intercom in our house when we were growing up, and I'm sure we drove my parents nuts, talking back and forth on it. My dad used to use the one outside the front door to scare the bejeezuz out of kids on Halloween.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I need to issue a recall for my garbage compacter, it has a very similar issue...

Amy said...

You are the best grandma in the world! I want to be you when i grow up. Can i? Can i? I mean minus the income phones and headache. Though a real overcome could be a lot of fun...

pasqueflower said...

LOL!

On the up side -- very cute grandlittles and no stage fright!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'll will be sure to NEVER let anyone LEARN how to use the intercom function. That is of course mostly because I've never learned how to use it. :)
I hope your brain has calmed down by now.
xo

Pat Tillett said...

It may be "kid friendly" but it sure isn't parent or grandparent friendly!