Monday, August 6, 2012

Ooh! Oooh! OOOOOHHH!!!!

I have the BEST idea in the universe for a grant.

A grant.

You know?

When the government gives money to people to study obscure subjects.

Like when they gave a grant of almost a million dollars to study why there is a shortage of poetry in zoos?

Or when someone got a grant for over 175K to study the effects of cocaine on the mating habits of quail?

Sigh.

I have already conducted a prelimary study so that my grant application will have some credibility.

I think...

although I am not 100 percent certain...

that people who can roll their tongues...



CANNOT touch their tongues to their noses.


Let me give you a second to digest that incredible fact.

Seriously.

If you can roll your tongue you probably CANNOT touch your nose with your tongue.

I feel this subject is incredibly relevant to the world today and thus deserving of a government grant.

I'm thinking of applying for $10,000,000.00 to conduct this research.

I will, of course, pay each of you a princely sum to be my field researchers.

Although I have not, technically, applied for the grant yet, you can begin your part of the research now if you have time.

As soon as I get the government grant (I think I am going to insist that they pay me in cash versus a federal check) I will forward a box of cash to you!

This is exciting stuff, isn't it?

Tongue rolling and nose touching being possibly mutually exclusive!!!

Geez.

Who knew? 
post signature

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I think someone has already gotten a grant for this!

Theresa said...

Makes as much sense as some of the others:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Naperville Now said...

you are definitely on to something with the lack of poetry in zoos...

Ms Sparrow said...

Aha! I can do both! I can also turn my tongue over--but as the old saying goes, "that and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee"

Yolanda Ronaldo said...

I can roll my tongue and turn it over but I can't touch my nose!

Amy said...

Oh, Jenny! I cannot do either!

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Amazingly I can roll my tongue but not touch my nose...you are genius!

mub said...

I always wonder how people get money to do those weird studies.... haha

I can roll my tongue but not touch it to my nose so I think you're onto something!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I'm pretty sure I can't do either...

I'm kind of a little bit of a wuss, if you know what I mean...

ImagiMeri said...

Ummm, how come I can do neither? That should be added to the study!

Hey pretty lady, when are we gettin' together again? We need to do breakfast or somthin'

Love ya'
Meri

Susan Anderson said...

I'm horrified to admit that I can do neither.

;)

Pondside said...

I can roll my tongue and have empathy for people who can't. Likewise, I have nothing against people who are able to touch their nose with their tongue. You see!...I can be sympathetic and a good research assistant...and I'm able to travel.
Call me!

Leovi said...

Surprisingly funny that pretty giraffe.

Ames said...

Let me guess...you can roll your tongue and stick your tongue up your nose too?

Good luck with that one. :)

Ames said...

But wait!

Would that be considered anbidexterous?

Just curious.

Nah!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I can roll my tongue, but touching it to my nose is a feat I haven't mastered as yet....lol!

H said...

Roll, yes; touch, no.

When do I get the bag of money? :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

I knew you were brilliant, but this really takes the prize Jenny! So, definitely count me in as one of your lab rats in testing out your theory. I certainly could use one of those boxes of cash you promised. :)

Terra said...

oh miss Jenny, I am afraid you may not get your grant I can do both...my kiddos can do neither...

pasqueflower said...

I can roll my tongue, but I can't touch my tongue to my nose. (I wouldn't bank on the grant --- but you're right---they've funded stranger things.)

Annesphamily said...

I can't do either! But when I was younger I could tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue! LOL!

Some of the grant monies makes you wonder why out country is int he shape it is in! Hmmm.....

You are always making me smile!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

'Flyin' under the bloggin' radar here but I just had to tell ya...I can not only roll my tongue but can whistle through it and play Yankee Doodle.

My Kid's Church loves it...and the crazy lady I hope. Ya can do the study on me and we'll split the $10,000,000.00....'K'???

Soarin' back to my very busy Ponderosa Hibernation. I can't tell ya how busy it is 'round the farm!

God bless and have a magnificent day sweetie!!!

jessewonderland said...

i can roll my tongue but I can't touch my nose :S I used to be able though... my mom gave me 2$ for doing it once ...

Pat Tillett said...

I did my thesis on that exact subject! Wow! Great minds really do think alike...

Amy said...

I wish you luck with your grant. Just don't include my mother in your study as she can do all sorts of tricks with that tongue of hers, including rolling her tongue and touching it to her nose. Yup, she is amazing. So don't include her in your study. But I would love to be included and get a cut of that grant money. I will even learn how to walk on my hands for your study. Walk on my hands while rolling my tongue and attempting to touch it to my nose. at. the. same. time!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

haha!! Count me in on your research!

Blessings & Aloha!

Rachel said...

So it looks like I'm your 27th volunteer...

And I can do both! :)

I think your idea is marvelous!