Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Centus - Disappearing letters

 Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY of Saturday Centus.


The prompt this week is one sentence long again.

The sentence can be as long or as short as you like.

Last week I was kinda/sorta being a jerk and I challenged you (and myself, I might add) to write a cohesive sentence not using "E", the most popular letter in the English language.

This week I thought it would be fun continuing the challenge.

Did you know the second most popular letter in the English language is the letter "T"?

That's what google told me.

And google never lies.

So...

The challenge this week is to write another cohesive sentence without using the letters "E" or "T".

Yikes.

I think I am even scaring myself with this challenge.

GULP!


Number of words:  Whatever you need to write a sentence that actually makes sense without using the letter E or T.
Pictures: Any you like.

The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other entries, any style or genre of writing you prefer. Please display my link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

E-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Feel free to link up anytime between now and next Saturday.

14 comments:

LLM Calling said...

You're loosing the plot and trying to take us with you :)
I want to resist, I do; but I can't

Anonymous said...

If you haven't already read it, you might want to find a copy of "Ella Minnow Pea" by Mark Dunn. It's the story of a fictional island off South Carolina where, through the story's circumstances, the islanders are banned from using one letter after the other from the alphabet. I started the book but haven't finished it--but your prompt reminded me that I should get back to it to find out what happens.

Susan Mystery said...

This was harder than last week. My sentence was really short, but I was able to do it. Hope you don't take another letter away next week, because I am not sure I will be able to do it. Have a good one and thanks so much for these prompts.

Nonna said...

No E's or T's ? UGH... Thanks for the challenge, you ingenious google girl !!!

anitamombanita said...

Oh, Mrs. J-nny. Wha- ar- you -rying -o do -o us?

lissa said...

sounds like a challenge I might just take up although I think it might be difficult as every word I seem to type has an E or a T.

happy saturday!

Susan Anderson said...

You are an evil woman.

Evil.

With an E.

;)

Leovi said...

Definitely a difficult challenge. Creativity alive!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Dearest Jenny, I'm so distressed about your illness. Have they taken you away in a straight jacket yet? Thanks for hosting, you crazy lady! laurie

21 Wits said...

Well we had a full weekend, and I'm just now getting my centus in, and I'm kind of happy that it's just a sentence (even though gee did I have trouble with not using T's!) but I finally got my in ...hope you have a great week ahead!

Gail said...

Better late than never.

Anonymous said...

"Vapors!" Lola gasps as soul  wisps touch warm lips joyfully.

moondustwriter said...

Jenny you always keep people on their toes
I just stopped by to say "HI"

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Sorry, Jenny. I did it again. My #5 link up links back to your blog. I am be too senile to blog any longer! If you get time, I'd appreciate it if you would delete my extra linkup. Thank you for hosting Sat. Centus. laurie @ http://dealingwithmyinnercritic.blogspot.com/